Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Diet Soda Alert!!!

To be really honest i used to be a diet soda addicted person for a couple decades. I was over weight and close borderline to diabeties so i cold turkey quit all diet soda and i lost like 10 pounds and my bloating and stomach issues improved greatly. A couple years ago i quit cold turkey and i have not had a diet soda with exception of one a few weeks ago and i felt it bad as it was a diet coke and a coke zero, they bloated me for a couple of days and my digestion system was messed up for a week. I do drink soda but limited amounts and i only drink regular soda with sugar/HFCS and not 100% HFCS or just sugar as your body naturally breaks down sugar. There have been many studies to show what i just mentioned of how sugar is naturally broken down by your body aka regular sugar non-liquid sugar sodas in limited numbers. You feel better, you do not feel bloated, full of gas and feel ill symptoms plus splenda does not help you in any way as it is just another bio-food product and is not real so your body does not know how to break it down properly and i get sick off of splenda. Next time you go shopping just wait a couple minutes in the soda isle and look at the people who buy diet soda's, does diet soda look as though it is working for them but they continue to buy it in tremendous numbers and i know people will say things like, "i cannot have sugar because of my diabeties". Well fine but it is this diet soda that helped or helped give you diabeties. Remember when you started to buy diet soda? Has it helped you keep off the pounds? Most likely not.......right? Cut down the intake and make the switch to regular soda and just try it for two months, like i did. You will see and feel a difference.

D.
    Last edited by newCOKEcanuck; 12-09-2010 at 07:09 AM. Reason: My poor gramer.

Default Diet Soda Alert!!!-Follow-up

In order to make this change you have to cut diet soda completely and you have to only drink half as much soda as you regularly would but it has to be regular and it has to have sugar in it and cannot be all HFCS. Your body converts HFCS negativly. In Canada it is regulated that all soda's have at least half real regular sugar, major soda bottlers in Canada use 75% sugar. In Canada we have the best tasting regular sodas all year long including Coke, Pepsi or anything else so we are the lucky ones as we don't have to wait for special editions.
    Last edited by newCOKEcanuck; 12-09-2010 at 07:10 AM. Reason: My poor gramer.

I have been drinking mainly diet sodas for over a year now and you are right, I have not lost any weight. I stay about 160, some 20 lbs. higher than I should be. I've also had stomach issues for months now. I never drink the diet drinks with aspartame however. But I am going to quit the diet sodas all together and treat myself to maybe 2-3 regular sodas per week. Good post!

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    I have been drinking mainly diet sodas for over a year now and you are right, I have not lost any weight. I stay about 160, some 20 lbs. higher than I should be. I've also had stomach issues for months now. I never drink the diet drinks with aspartame however. But I am going to quit the diet sodas all together and treat myself to maybe 2-3 regular sodas per week. Good post!
    I too started to had a similar problem with diet soda pop. After some 20+ years of drinking diet soda pop (diet coke and diet pepsi); due to a medical condition (new meds), I started to have sever IBS. I switched to HFCS and sugar sweetened soda pop and my IBS drastically improved.

How ever, I was unable to limit myself to only a few soda pops a week. My soda pop
    consumption if anything increased from 4 diet soda pops a day to 8+ a day. I now drink
    much more water and about 4 soda pops a day. My point is that HFC/sugar soda
    pop was for me, was much harder to drink in moderation.
    Last edited by Mr Zabe; 11-30-2010 at 08:41 AM.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

I also have had IBS issues but for the past few years I have been taking the Digestive Advanatage IBS once per day and it really helps. That's a lot of soda you drink! I've done well lately, only having an occasional soft drink. I had a medium Pepsi at Taco Bell today but that was my first soda since Thanksgiving. I've been drinking G2 quite a bit lately.

Well Susan and all others that are reading this today, it is good that you are limiting your intake of diet soda's but you have to stop diet soda completely for just 6 weeks or more to see a difference in your body, you will see it in many ways. Just you mentioning that you have IBS issues is so common with diet soda drinkers, in general including myself and others as we have seen above in related replies have experienced the same issues. You mentioned that you have been drinking water and a lot of G2 which to others is "Gatorade 2" which is basically "diet Gatorade". G2 is not at all good for you as it is filled with the same ingretients as diet soda's. Just have water and if you need some flavor try watered down Koolaid or concentrated frozen canned jucies. Everyone will say Koolaid!? Get the original packets where you add sugar and in the directions where it says to add so much sugar cut it in half or if you can more so when you make a piture of it for the fridge. Remember it is not for your kids it is to add a little flavor to your water without the crap of chemicals as you only are adding sugar and water which your body will breakdown naturally. These other ways i mentioned to flavor water or just to drink something different are great and jucies in moderation are healthy in vitamens and minerals(Vitamin Water is just another Coke bio-product, not good) not to mention Koolade and frozen concentrated jucies are another inexpensive way to keep healthy just like soda is cheap but unhealthy.

"Gatorade 2" which is basically "diet Gatorade".

Gatorade 2 is not diet Gatorade. It is just the new branding for the same good old
    Gatorade that has carbohydrates (sugar). IMO, everyone has a different perspective
    on what drinks they enjoy. It's good to have healthy choices and I do appreciate your
    sound knowledge on healthier beverage choices; but at least for me life is too short.
    I drink therefore I am, not I am therefore I drink. Think about it.

***G2 is reduced in calories and contains an artificial sweetener.***
    Last edited by Mr Zabe; 12-06-2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Original post was factually incorrect.

There is no sugar in G2, it does have carbs, but carbs are not related to just sugar. G2 is a diet drink, look at the ingretients and calories as it is completely different than regular Gatorade. It is the same as all these flavored waters that are diet chemical drinks that will keep you fat, bloated and IBS sick. Regular Gatorade is just another form of electrolytes which the human body needs daily through vitamins and minerals in foods and liquids that we induce into our bodies each day. When you are ill or feeling fluish or really sick drink regular gatorade for the electrolytes to keep your bodies vitamens and minerals in top form especially if you cannot keep anything down as your body will feel better like an IV without the hospital. You will start to feel better faster with electrolytes in your system but not diet ****. Our bodies our 90% water, when we die after a few days if not properly kept we will essentially melt. What i am saying is fluids are important so keep them up when working hard or feeling ill. STOP ALL DIET PRODUCTS! LOOK AT THE INGRETIENTS, NOT ADVERTISING!
    Thankyou all.

I drink Diet, and have no problems. So...yeah.

On top of that, I lost 80 pounds switching from to diet(along with excercising)

Nonesense.

"There is no sugar in G2, it does have carbs, but carbs are not related to just sugar."
    Gatorade G2 Ingredients