Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default mello yello zero

i tried it the other day. a couple of promo bottles were around and i got one. it really was not good. it was very diet tasting and had a pretty bad aftertaste. i drink diet coke most of the time so it's not the diet vs sugar thing for me. i hope other people like it better. not sure of the launch date maybe somebody else knows. i thought the bottle graphics were very good.
    Last edited by cokeman19; 12-07-2010 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cokeman19 View Post
    i tried it the other day. a couple of promo bottles were around and i got one. it really was not good. it was very diet tasting and had a pretty bad aftertaste. i drink diet coke most of the time so it's not the diet vs sugar thing for me. i hope other people like it better. not sure of the launch date maybe somebody else knows. i thought the bottle graphics were very good.
    Bummer. That is what makes Diet Dew so good. No more aftertaste. Why can't they make MY like they do CZ?

I really want to try this out.

If I hadn't just recently decided to quit diet soda, I'd be really excited about this. Good to know that the reviews so far indicate I won't be missing much. Then again, a lot of people complained about MD Ultra Violet's aftertaste, and I liked that one.

Any pics?

Default Release date

Currently the release date for "Mello Yello Zero" is April 2, 2011. I know you want a picture, but branding will change before the product hits the general public, so it won't help you that much. Nonetheless, though I can't upload a picture, I can tell you...

The "Mello Yello Zero" bottle prototype currently looks like its regular-calorie counterpart (Google Image Result for http://popsop.com/wp-content/uploads/mello_yello_retro_01.jpg) but instead of a yellow background with green limes, it is a light gray background with pastel yellow limes - definitely a "mellow" label. Bottle color remains the same.

~Some guy who works at Coca-Cola

I can not wait until this is released in the Wisconsin area. We have seen great sales of Mello Yello since they reintroduced it this year. I hope Mello Yello Zero does not have the same fate as Vault Zero. I really liked Vault Zero until the time we could only get it in 12 pks. I want to see a great marketing program to try to go after Diet Dew.

i could be wrong about the taste. First of all i drink regular mello yello once in a while and i love it. maybe i'm comparing the diet to the regular. sometimes a first taste really shows the diet flavor too much. i think a couple more tries and it would have grown on me. my daughter loved the taste. i agree that it should be advertised a lot along w/ regular mello.

With Mello Yello Zero hitting the markets and with Sun-Drop going national, I wonder if there will be a noticeable impact on sales of Mtn. Dew.

Quote Originally Posted by CitrusCola View Post
    With Mello Yello Zero hitting the markets and with Sun-Drop going national, I wonder if there will be a noticeable impact on sales of Mtn. Dew.
    Hopefully they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by CitrusCola View Post
    No chance. Kids buy MT Dew on brand alone.