Bevboard

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Except the difference is that Zellers is boring while Target isn't. Although, it still beats Walmart, which doesn't even try in Canada. >>

What I meant was, it would be nice if they reintroduced it in Canada before or during Target's mpve to Canada. Cuzz I'd hate for my fav store to suck in Canada because of the typical lack of selection our other stores offer.

Anyway, I read another rumor that Cherry Pepsi is coming back. I'm not gonna believe this one, however, with the huge letdown last year.

I would seriously be fine if a store like Safeway, Superstore/Maxi/Zehrs/Whatever its called in your area, Sobeys/IGA, offered their store brand cola's in a cherry variation.

I'd prefer cherry coke/pepsi, but seeing that Coke is not even considering the option and Pepsi is only rumoured to be contemplating the idea, I'll take what I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by sublimecitrus View Post
    I would seriously be fine if a store like Safeway, Superstore/Maxi/Zehrs/Whatever its called in your area, Sobeys/IGA, offered their store brand cola's in a cherry variation.

I'd prefer cherry coke/pepsi, but seeing that Coke is not even considering the option and Pepsi is only rumoured to be contemplating the idea, I'll take what I can get.
    I'm surprised that there is not a generic cherry cola in Canada. Safeway brand seems to have the best selection of generic pops and closest they come is straight black cherry pop.

The odd thing is that Wild Cherry Pepsi keeps ignoring me on FB. Oh well, I think I'm about ready to give up, we're never getting it back. Freakin' Canada and its non-existent selection.

Coke definitely isn't bringing back Cherry Coke in Canada, but Pepsi at least has seemed receptive to the idea, and by "receptive" I mean that they haven't said no. I think it'd be reasonable to introduce it as a "limited edition" type thing for the summer, and see how it does then, but I'm not the one with the money making that decision.

Hopefully, at the very least, we can see a smaller cola company like Jones introduce a cherry cola into Canada.

Obviously Pepsi Lime has done well enough since it's been here for almost three years. Flavoured cola works here, I just think you need to be patient with it. I think a cherry flavoured cola would go well with the 15-21 age group, since they're into all sorts of fruity energy drinks.

However, maybe Pepsi Lime sells so well because it goes great with rye/whiskey/rum... Hmm. Cherry pepsi and rum...

Quote Originally Posted by sublimecitrus View Post
    Coke definitely isn't bringing back Cherry Coke in Canada, but Pepsi at least has seemed receptive to the idea, and by "receptive" I mean that they haven't said no. I think it'd be reasonable to introduce it as a "limited edition" type thing for the summer, and see how it does then, but I'm not the one with the money making that decision.

Hopefully, at the very least, we can see a smaller cola company like Jones introduce a cherry cola into Canada.

Obviously Pepsi Lime has done well enough since it's been here for almost three years. Flavoured cola works here, I just think you need to be patient with it. I think a cherry flavoured cola would go well with the 15-21 age group, since they're into all sorts of fruity energy drinks.

However, maybe Pepsi Lime sells so well because it goes great with rye/whiskey/rum... Hmm. Cherry pepsi and rum...
    It's not that I don't want to be patient, but I can't believe that with all this demand it still hasn't come here.

I don't drink, so that's inconsequental to me. But there is Black Cherry Dry beer cooler, so yeah...

At least you guys have Fanta Tangerine (well at least in Vancouver anyway). I wish we had that here (with the Canadian formulation). I would trade you some Cherry Coke for Fanta Tangerine if the shipping costs weren't so much.

^ It's true. I'm not a big fan of the other two Fanta flavours (cream soda and grape) we have here, but Tangerine is actually really good.

Anyways, depending on how far you live from the border, maybe there are some places close to the USA that have brought it over. In southern Ontario, I know several different convenience stores that have cherry coke, vanilla coke, cherry pepsi and the crazy mtn dew flavours stocked up since the owners drive down once in a while.

Well, that's it. I give up hope that Cherry Pepsi or Cherry Coke will ever come back here.

Well, my hope is back. Guys, start checking your Costcos pretty soon. Cherry Pepsi should start popping up in a couple weeks.