Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pepsi and dunkin donuts

I heard that dunkin donuts wants to deliver all the pepsi products in their dunkin donuts trucks. I'm not sure if it's just regional or not. i heard it from a dunkin donuts truck driver. he said that they want to minimize deliveries to the stores. He said they already deliver milk,cream and juice. if this happens that is a ton of work lost for the pepsi delivery system. has anyone else heard this?

is this a "dsd" example

7-11 already does this in parts of California. Vendors deliver product to a 3rd party warehouse, and each store's order is combined together into one delivery.

Honestly, though.. How much Pepsi does a typical DD really sell?

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    7-11 already does this in parts of California. Vendors deliver product to a 3rd party warehouse, and each store's order is combined together into one delivery.

Honestly, though.. How much Pepsi does a typical DD really sell?
    I was going to make the same remark. My arm chair two cents would guess that DD on average moves less than 3 dozen bottles +/- combined of soda pop and water per day. (More water than soda for sure.) The few times I have gotten a bottle of Pepsi at DD, it was near the use by date.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

each store has small volume but there are so many stores!! i would guess the total volume and time devoted to delivering could drop a couple route drivers from each barn.

A couple of drivers? What is there, a DD on every block up there?

I'm sure the drivers would be more than glad to get rid of the hassle of dealing with an account like that. I don't know how they place their orders (tel-sell or account manager), but either way, time could be better spent at accounts where you have to do actual selling, rather than just order taking.

Never been to a DD.
    banned

Cokeman...what part of the country do you live? I wonder the benefits of DD handling their own delivery?

The driver told me they were thinking about the new england area for dsd.

my town has 6 dunkin donuts stores.

22 dd stores within 3.5 miles of my zip code!!!!!
    Last edited by cokeman19; 01-12-2011 at 06:19 PM.

I kid you not, right by where I live there are 3 DD's with in less than a two mile
    radius. Subway has 4 stores with in a 4 mile radius.
    Last edited by Mr Zabe; 01-12-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba