Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why is Pepsi max the official sponsor ofthe NFL...

and is getting a tremendous push by Pepsi...when they don't even bother to give it a flavor extension? Completely baffles me. As does Pepsi One's continued existence.
    Last edited by Dewman1979; 01-11-2011 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Better Grammar/wording.
    banned

Why is Pepsi max the official sponsor of the NFL...

Umm, because they paid the most money?
    With thousands of sodas available for the choosing, why drink just one or two?

Why not i'd say. They want thier fair share of the "zero calorie" category so they went out and bought it.
    banned

Apparently you forgot about Cease Fire?

Pepsi is an official NFL sponsor. So why not take one of your beverages, and put it in the limelight, especially when you're trying to push it to gain ground on it's runaway competitor?

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Apparently you forgot about Cease Fire?

Pepsi is an official NFL sponsor. So why not take one of your beverages, and put it in the limelight, especially when you're trying to push it to gain ground on it's runaway competitor?
    Lol...Cease fire is a LTO, not a flavor extension. If they really wanted to compete with Zero, then they might want to try and back their product with something more than adverts. Zero has what Coke has. Max has nothing but regular.
    banned

Why does a cola need a flavor extension? What flavor would you suggest? Citrus? Been Done- Mountain Dew.....Orange? been done also...called Mtn Dew Live Wire.
    I think what Pepsi is trying to do is attract consumers that like the taste of cola and give them an extra energy kick with the caffeine.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

i like the soda but is it supposed to taste like pepsi? coke zero has a very distinctive coca-cola taste. max seems to have it's own distinct flavor. pepsi doesn't say it has more caffeine and ginseng in it. this might confuse the customer who thinks it just like coke zero which has the same caffeine content as regular coke. btw i'm enjoying a coke vanilla zero right now.

i'm sure the caffeine content and ginseng are somewhere on the bottle or can but they don't promote it as a high caffeine drink with added herbs.

Pepsi Max contains 46 milligrams of caffeine per 237ml. Diet Pepsi contains 24 milligrams of caffeine per 237ml.[

ginseng-infused cola,

What is Love by Haddaway, and showed people sleeping in inappropriate places and at inappropriate times, while bobbing their heads to the rhythm of the song. Pepsi Max's current slogan in the US is "Maximum taste. Zero calories."

i guess they started it out with people being Woken up by the drink but now it's

"Maximum taste. Zero calories."

Without sounding condescending..I think some may have already answered it. It is the official drink because Pepsi is pushing the brand strongly with very in your face energy infused adverts that emphasize what kind of drink it is. It is not a "copy-cat diet pepsi" like zero is for coke.. it is a different drink entirely..other than the zero calorie it is serving a purpose for those whom like extra boosts throughout the day.

I am sure line extensions will be coming.. ceasefire was LTO and not very well executed in some instances but it is a start. Coke has been pushing zero hard for sometime..while Pepsico has really just recently(year maybe two?) started to throw some fuel into the fire that drives this beast. It will get bigger and as far as "Pepsi One" ..well I can say I tried it for the first time during this past Christmas and I can say that is pretty much our equivalent to coke zero..in terms of taste it was actually pretty damn good...and has been out much longer then zero to my knowledge..although they never pushed that label as much.. Pepsi Max has much more of an appeal to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewman1979 View Post
    Lol...Cease fire is a LTO, not a flavor extension. If they really wanted to compete with Zero, then they might want to try and back their product with something more than adverts. Zero has what Coke has. Max has nothing but regular.
    That makes absolutely no sense at all. Just because it was only around for a limited time does not negate the fact that it was a flavor extension.

Why not make your own flavor extensions? Buy some sugar free Torani or DaVinci syrup, add it to your Pepsi Max, and you're set. You can have just about any flavor you like.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmadone View Post
    Without sounding condescending..I think some may have already answered it. It is the official drink because Pepsi is pushing the brand strongly with very in your face energy infused adverts that emphasize what kind of drink it is. It is not a "copy-cat diet pepsi" like zero is for coke.. it is a different drink entirely..other than the zero calorie it is serving a purpose for those whom like extra boosts throughout the day.

I am sure line extensions will be coming.. ceasefire was LTO and not very well executed in some instances but it is a start. Coke has been pushing zero hard for sometime..while Pepsico has really just recently(year maybe two?) started to throw some fuel into the fire that drives this beast. It will get bigger and as far as "Pepsi One" ..well I can say I tried it for the first time during this past Christmas and I can say that is pretty much our equivalent to coke zero..in terms of taste it was actually pretty damn good...and has been out much longer then zero to my knowledge..although they never pushed that label as much.. Pepsi Max has much more of an appeal to it.
    I liked Pepsi One. But I don't see the point in having 3 different diet colas. But I thought Pepsi did very well with that brand. Yet for some reason, it never caught on.
    banned