Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Anyone else ever quit caffeine?

Hi,

Just a little advice here please - I'm giving up all caffeine (sad) but I think it will be better overall. I'm just wondering if any of you beverage lovers have ever done the same and if you have any advice. I'm prone to migraines, so I'd really like to avoid any withdrawal headaches...baby steps. Thanks!
    Jack's Mom
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously."

While I've not ever given up caffeinated drinks, I do know someone who has. She says it was tough at first, but it did help her avoid migraines. She also said that she had to go to some different stores to find caffeine-free versions of some drinks (Caffeine-free Diet Cheerwine, in particular).

Good luck!

I'm not a quitter!!!!

I'm a stimulant junkie, I cant help you.

Good Luck
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

I have tried at least four times ( last year) to get off of caffeine with no success.
    Each time I tried, I got bad headaches and felt very crabby. My system was like a
    pinball machine on tilt. So, I too am a caffeine addict. I wish I had some
    advice to give you.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

I went two days without caffein, with no ill effects....but I loved Mt Dew too much to keep it up....
    banned

Smile

Thanks all. I have already said my goodbyes to Mountain Dew Code Red, Mountain Dew Livewire and Mountain Dew Voltage. Luckily, we have a lot of Caffeine Free Mountain Dew, so I suppose that will have to do. I am planning to taper (very, very slowly) so hopefully that works. I'll let you know of my progress (or failure) with kicking this caffeine.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with my Ski Soda and the stack of Mountain Dew Typhoon and Mountain Dew Distortion I have laying around in my basement.
    Jack's Mom

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmom View Post
    Hi,

Just a little advice here please - I'm giving up all caffeine (sad) but I think it will be better overall. I'm just wondering if any of you beverage lovers have ever done the same and if you have any advice. I'm prone to migraines, so I'd really like to avoid any withdrawal headaches...baby steps. Thanks!
    GGIIVVEE UP CAFFEINE? I dont get it.

Smile

I'm happy to report that I am now a new and improved caffeine free version of myself! And - I did it without getting any headaches (although I reduced at a snail's pace) - Yeah!
    Jack's Mom

Congrats.

I can honestly say that while I enjoy my Rockstar Punched in the morning..going without energy drinks and/or caffeine has never been a problem but it is always a good once in a while treat..I have built up too much of an immunity from drinking the 24oz Punched when we use to have them...

Quote Originally Posted by lordmadone View Post
    Congrats.

I can honestly say that while I enjoy my Rockstar Punched in the morning..going without energy drinks and/or caffeine has never been a problem but it is always a good once in a while treat..I have built up too much of an immunity from drinking the 24oz Punched when we use to have them...
    I do the Dew in the morning...
    banned