Bevboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Pepper Ten

fusion,

No, I've not had any Pibb Xtra in quite a while. I'll have to buy one of the 2L bottles the next time I see Coke products on sale.

Pibb seems to be an afterthought around here. While Dr Pepper (distributed by Pepsi in this area) has tons of shelf space in most stores, Pibb is usually limited to one stack of fridgepacks and one line of 2L bottles.

I really like the Pibb Zero because you could really taste the cinnamon flavor in it. Have they altered the formula for PZ too?

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Have you tried the "new" Pibb Xtra? They changed the formula slightly, it reminds me more of the old Mr. Pibb. You can tell if it's new if you see the copyright of 2010 on the packaging, plus "artifically flavored spicy cherry" on the bottle/can/label.

I see...
    banned

Dr Pepper to test low-calorie drink in KC - KansasCity.com

By JOYCE SMITH

The Kansas City Star

Kansas City, Dr Pepper wants your opinion.

The soft-drink company has picked our city and five others to test a new product called Dr Pepper Ten. The new drink will primarily target men who like the taste of regular soda but not the calories.

According to the company, Dr Pepper Ten was developed with a “one-of-a-kind, proprietary sweetener technology to deliver the taste experience of regular with just 10 bold calories.”

Dave Fleming, spokesman for the company in Plano, Texas, said that though many people liked the taste of diet soda, research showed some men thought they were giving something up when they drank a diet product.

Dr Pepper Ten is being rolled out locally at Super Target, Walmart and other groceries.

In March the company will bring in a mobile “man cave,” a temporary hangout with video games and other entertainments, as well as free samples of Dr Pepper Ten. It will stop at what the company called “testosterone zones” yet to be named. Readers, do you have some suggestions?

Dr Pepper Ten also will be tested in Des Moines, Iowa; Austin, Texas; Denver; Colorado Springs, Colo.; and San Antonio.

Bring dr.pepper ten to canada!!!!!!
    Bring pibb xtra spicy cherry to canada!!!!!!!!!

I had a chance to try the tweaked version of Pibb Xtra today. I was not impressed. It tasted pretty bland.

A BevReview reader kindly sent me a bottle of Dr Pepper Ten, since I'm not living in one of the test markets. Read the full review for detailed thoughts, but in summary, it was disappointing. I actually felt that Diet Dr Pepper tasted better than Ten.

It's an oddly positioned drink with higher caffeine levels, and one would think that the 10 calories and HFCS would help it taste better, but they do not. Don't even get me started on the marketing proposition that "it's not for women"

Sounds like your reaction was about the same as mine.
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

Tannerman
    Your full review of Dr Pepper Ten was brilliant!
    Dr Pepper Ten's marketing to "men" is doom to fail.
    As always, the tree picture rocks!
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Quote Originally Posted by Tannerman View Post

A BevReview reader kindly sent me a bottle of Dr Pepper Ten, since I'm not living in one of the test markets. Read the full review for detailed thoughts, but in summary, it was disappointing. I actually felt that Diet Dr Pepper tasted better than Ten.

It's an oddly positioned drink with higher caffeine levels, and one would think that the 10 calories and HFCS would help it taste better, but they do not. Don't even get me started on the marketing proposition that "it's not for women"
    Again, don't see the point. DDP cherry is already amazing.

And right on about Pepsi Max. Very good...very lost. Still waiting for mf Max cherry.
    banned

They're actually going to make Pepsi Max Cherry?