Bevboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Citrus Blast

Tried it, liked it...but don't drink grapefruit soda that often.
    banned

I've tried both the regular and diet. Curiously, I found that the regular version tasted similar to Fresca/Citra, while the diet tasted more like Squirt.

Tried it the other day. LOVED IT. I liked it better than Squirt. Will definately be picking up some 12 packs if they make them.

I picked up both 20oz btls of Citrus Blast and Sun Drop.
    I found them along with Sprite Green 12oz glass btl at my local
    Walgreen's on Golf and Mt Prospect roads at Des Plains,IL.

I must say, Sun Drop is AWESOME!!!!! Instant bliss and joy. LOL
    It's sweet, sort of a sweet tart orange flavor note that has a very pleasing
    carbonation beginning to end mouth tingle. I gotta get some more of this, ASAP. LOL
    Also, Sun Drop has a rather nice caffeine kick at approximately 105mgs per 20ox bltl.

I have yet to try CB.
    Last edited by Mr Zabe; 03-16-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Citrus Blast was a cross between Sun drop and SQurit. I finshed the bottle won't buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zabe View Post
    I must say, Sun Drop is AWESOME!!!!!
    Yes, it is!

Sun Drop is indeed amazing. I hope it's permanent.

I gave Citrus Blast a fair taste testing today. C.B. IMO barely makes it on my D list.
    What was Pepsi thinking when they brought C.B. to market? It tastes like new formula 7-up with a mild hint of grapefruit. The citrus flavor note appears diluted with the citrus taste being after thought.

I do not feel that C.B. will last long as most any other citrus soda pop is better.
    Last edited by Mr Zabe; 03-17-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

I just found it today. Picked up a 2-liter of Diet. Although I like the Sun Drop they've started selling around here (I've only seen it down south before), I figured I'd go with Citrus Blast because it's caffeine free.

Tried both Sun Drop and Citrus Blast today, and Sun Drop was waaaaaay too sweet and the aftertaste was too much like Pine-Sol for my liking. Pitched the bottle after three swigs. Gross.

Citrus Blast, however, is incredible. Great blend of bitter and sweet--unlike Squirt IMO it actually tastes somewhat like grapefruit, especially when the bitter notes kick in at the end. I just wish it were HFCS-free.

And the name? I think this would sell much better (and I'd like it a lot more) if it were a brand extension of Sierra Mist Natural.