Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Bring SURGE Back!

Hello all, I am sure some of you a pretty tired of us SURGE lovers trying to bring SURGE back to market, but I figured I'd give it one last push. I am a SaveSURGE Hall of Famer SaveSURGE.org - Dedicated to the preservation of SURGE - The Fully Loaded Citrus Soda! surge cola, surge soda, save surge, urge, fully loaded citrus soda and I am in the process of trying to become webmaster of the site, and do a relaunch come August. I have started a facebook group if you would like to join the fight.... Bring Surge Back | Facebook I will try to keep everyone up to date through the facebook page and hopefully find some unique links and stories to make your interest even if you are not a SURGE fan.

Chad:
    There are so many bring surge back pages on Facebook,which one is yours,I would like to join.

Doug

Wouldn't mind trying this at all! I heard that it tasted great.

Surge was awful.
    banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dewman1979 View Post
    Surge was awful.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am not a big fan of regular Mountain Dew, but it appears you enjoy it. So to each their own.

Does it taste better than Vault? (Huge Vault fan).

Quote Originally Posted by SodaFan16 View Post
    Does it taste better than Vault? (Huge Vault fan).
    surge & vault are pretty much the same exact thing. as long as vault is around, bringing back surge would be a horrible move.

It is pretty similar to Vault, I personally think SURGE tasted better myself, had a aftertaste with more of a bite than Vault. The smell is almost identical though. I also preferred the bright green color of SURGE, made it seem a lot more unique. I think getting SURGE back for a limited run would be cool, especially if Vault is still around to try them side by side. It looks like Vault is fading though, and SURGE could be brought for a limited nostalgia run, similar to the "throwbacks", "heritage" , "retro" and "back by popular dew-mand" drinks.

Limited run. Retro. Does it make sense for Coca-Cola to have three "Dew" type drinks in their coolers? Especially after Surge and Vault pretty much failed and went tits up. Last weekend I took a quick trip down I-81 from Pennsylvania to Roanoke, Virginia. In the soda coolers I found loads of Mountain Dew in many flavors, some stores with multiple racks of Dew. Mello Yello had two or three facings, sometimes including MY Zero. In some places Vault had two facings. I even saw Vault and Mello Yello in the same cooler. I saw no Red Blitz.
    Surge won't be back. Coca-Cola can barely sell any version of a Mountain Dew type drink.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12