Bevboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Chad. View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am not a big fan of regular Mountain Dew, but it appears you enjoy it. So to each their own.
    Yes..my...and apparently most others...considering the product was canned many years ago...or should I say....stopped being canned! HHHHAHAHAHAHA!
    banned

Quote Originally Posted by drpep View Post
    Limited run. Retro. Does it make sense for Coca-Cola to have three "Dew" type drinks in their coolers? Especially after Surge and Vault pretty much failed and went tits up. Last weekend I took a quick trip down I-81 from Pennsylvania to Roanoke, Virginia. In the soda coolers I found loads of Mountain Dew in many flavors, some stores with multiple racks of Dew. Mello Yello had two or three facings, sometimes including MY Zero. In some places Vault had two facings. I even saw Vault and Mello Yello in the same cooler. I saw no Red Blitz.
    Surge won't be back. Coca-Cola can barely sell any version of a Mountain Dew type drink.
    Their biggest problem is that they refuse to go full-bore behind MY. They back it well in the south, but around here??? Barely a whisper.
    banned

Hi Chad, I used to been on SaveSurge also. My screen name was Andrw_64, I was also a hall of famer on there in May of 2004. I loved Surge and was glad it kinda came back as Vault but now Vault is hard to find here in CA ever since Mello Yello came here this winter (why can't we have both?). I am worried Vault will go the way of Surge - maybe the efforts should be more focused on keeping Vault alive and making Vault national again - just a suggestion. Maybe you should contact Robb Alvey of ThemeParkReview.com, he is a huge Vault fan and gets excited when he finds it on his theme park trips and posts pics in his trip reports. ThemeParkReview gets a decent amount of traffic (#47364 Alexa rank vs #92022 for BevNet). Let him know of VaultKicks.org, at the very least he will be amused by it. It could be a good way cross promote to Vault/Surge/soda fans and to theme park/roller coaster fans. The more exposure Vault gets the better.

woot woot

The Surge movement on facebook raised enough money to put up a billboard in Atlanta, about 1/2 mile from Coca Cola Headquarters I think. I believe they said it will be up for 4 weeks. The movement seems to be growing everyday. I am optimistic that Surge will return at some point. There seems to be a growing demand for it to come back.