Bevboard

Default Mountain Dew Livewire

So, the week after Memorial day, we rolled out Livewire. We had it for a limited time in 2003, and now that we dropped Sunkist and own Crush flat out (I think?) we can distribute Livewire everywhere. 6 years on a route, I've never been asked about a product coming back more than Livewire. Now that it's back, we are selling a HUGE amount of it. Sure, we had the initial rollout, bringing in 5 to 15 cases into each c-store. But a majority of the places were getting it reordered the next week because they ran out. I know it's gonna sell great at first, but my question is, does it sell good on a consistent basis? I know most territories have had it for some time now, and it would be interesting to hear from some drivers/sales reps on how it moves in C-Stores. Thanks in advance

Pepsi does not own Crush.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

I love Livewire! I have two cases of them, they sell it at Target here.

Quote Originally Posted by drpep View Post
    Pepsi does not own Crush.
    They own the rights to distribute. Which to him, is all that matters.

As for LiveWire...we have it here in 20oz and 12 packs just south of my area. The 12 packs sell like crazy. So glad they still have it.
    banned

That's curious. Pepsi has never had a problem distributing both LiveWire and Orange Crush/Slice/Twister here, and I haven't heard of that being a problem elsewhere either..

Quote Originally Posted by mjb1124 View Post
    That's curious. Pepsi has never had a problem distributing both LiveWire and Orange Crush/Slice/Twister here, and I haven't heard of that being a problem elsewhere either..
    The orange flavored pop is always on the shelf here, but Live Wire disappeared shortly after Voltage came. For some reason, shelf space here is very limited.
    banned

Locally we dist. livewire, voltage, pure black, and supernova as well as orange, cherry, grape, and strawberry crush. None of it sells well around here. (Cincinnati area). But on the other hand I do large format so unless its moving 100+ cases a day I don't notice much.

Finally saw Livewire with the new Mtn Dew logo. It was the last to change here, and is relatively hard to find.