Bevboard

Smile Winona, MN Coca Cola Bottler Question

I was wanting to go to Winona to get some returnable bottles filled. I was planing on taking them via airplane. I'm just not sure if I can bring back the filled bottles via airplane. Will the bottles pop open if they are in the luggage compartment due to air pressure? Or should I ship them through UPS?

Also, since I'm not a local will they provide bottles to someone such as myself, or do they want me to bring my own bottles?

Also, does anyone know which stores sell their Sun-Rise beverages or their Barq's? If I go to their facility will they let me purchase Sun-Rise or Barq's 24 packs without providing them any returnables?

I recently called them about their sweetener they use and they said they use HFCS which surprised me. I thought I read on article online stating they were one of the few U.S. Coke bottlers to use cane sugar?

I just need to know what the facts are about this bottler before I commit to making a special trip.
    Last edited by Mr. Frostie; 10-12-2011 at 03:16 AM.

Can't answer your airplane question but why didn't you ask the bottler your other questions when you were on the phone with them?
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

I did ask them a lot of these questions. I just want a second opinion. They also were not able to anwer my question about traveling with the bottles via airplane. I would just like to know if it's safe or not to fly with filled bottles. I also don't want to annoy them with a multitude of questions.

Airlines may prohibit you from having that much liquid, especially carbonated liquid.

UPS/USPS shipping costs will be insane. I'd estimate in the neighborhood of $50 for a case.

Why bother, if they're just using HFCS?

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Airlines may prohibit you from having that much liquid, especially carbonated liquid.

UPS/USPS shipping costs will be insane. I'd estimate in the neighborhood of $50 for a case.

Why bother, if they're just using HFCS?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm just really dissapointed that they don't use cane sugar, especially since I read an online article stating they use it. I mean common, there are two other U.S. Coke bottlers that use sucrose, so why Winona does not take advantage of that recipe puzzles me. I don't know, they told me that many customers think their Coke is the best; even better than Mexican Coke. I'm kind of in it for the uniqueness, and for the possible taste difference as well as the other neat flavors that they sell.