Bevboard

Default Diet Rite flavors being discontinued?

I've noticed that the Diet Rite flavors that used to be sold in the Triad (Tangerine and White Grape) are no longer being sold in cans -- only 2L bottles now. On Wikipedia, it says that everything except the Diet Rite Cola seems to be going away.

Diet Rite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is this happening everywhere?

Well what I've known is that certain areas they only have so much shelf space for product, and that is one of the brands being squeezed down to make room for newer products and others that have been given a higher priority... DrPepper10, Sundrop's new national launch, Canada Dry Ale coming back into DPSG control, among other things...

So slowly the numbers go down, and as they need to yank something to make room for something else, one by one they are getting picked off the radar... after the whole atkins diet fad that promoted Diet Rite as a great solution, its drifted down into another forgotten brand it seems... as DPSG has other major brands to push... I was upset when I lost kiwi strawberry in my area as well as the lemonade... although that was quite a few years ago I must say.

In some chains all you can find now is Diet Rite cola, none of the flavors...

I was in TN over the weekend and saw the same thing there. I couldn't find Diet Rite Cherry Cola anywhere; the only fridgepacks I saw were the plain cola.

While I understand DPSG's having to make room for new offerings, I can't help but wonder if they are planning to expand the Dr Pepper 10 experiment to other products. Making diet drinks that are not labeled "diet" to target male customers seems to be a trend.

I'm a huge Diet Rite fan and buy it all the time. Sadly, it's been a couple years since the flavored sodas were around here. Only cola, which is really good but I miss the others.

I forgot what flavors they were but Wegmans in Rochester, NY had three facings of the flavored Diet Rite 12 packs.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12