Bevboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I found out several Wegmans in Rochester have Freestyle so I drove up to try one. This time I had plenty of time to play around with it. I finally chose Pibb Xtra Cherry. It was good, the cherry flavor was more noticable in this than the cherry in Dr Pepper Cherry.
    Next time I head to Rochester I will start off on one side of town with something new like Coca-Cola Orange then finish the day across town with something I've had already.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

Quote Originally Posted by popologist View Post
    I was just at the website and noticed that the Freestyle offers Coke Zero with Lemon... but no Coke or Diet Coke with Lemon.
    The website shows Pibb Xtra and Pibb Zero with no flavor choices yet the machine I used offered cherry and one other flavor (vanilla?) for both Pibbs

Quote Originally Posted by esw01407 View Post
    The only other complaint I had was the machine didn't have Pibb, it had Dr. Pepper.
    How is that possible? Unless I'm wrong, I was under the impression that there were no regional restrictions on Pibb on tap... only on Pibb in cans/bottles in regions where Coke bottles Dr Pepper..

In any case, I have tried the machine at the Duane Reade store on Wall Street in Manhattan. The Pibb Zero was great! My only complaint was that the machine did not carry Mello Yello or Mello Yello Zero...aren't those products owned by Coca Cola? If so, why aren't they available on these machines?

Actually, they now have Mello Yello. I stopped at the Wegmans in Bel Air MD today, and here is what I saw:

However, the California Tortilla I stopped at in Glen Mills PA a few weeks ago still had Vault. I think it has to do with their supplier's supply of Vault concentrate - as it runs out, they switch the machines over.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmannors View Post
    How is that possible? Unless I'm wrong, I was under the impression that there were no regional restrictions on Pibb on tap... only on Pibb in cans/bottles in regions where Coke bottles Dr Pepper..
    Coke has agreed to allow Dr Pepper in the machines. Previously, you had to ask for it, or they had a separate tap for just Dr Pepper. It is possible that Firehouse Subs already had a contract with DPS to serve Dr Pepper.

Burger King is supposed to be rolling the Freestyle out next, and I have a feeling those machines will have Dr Pepper in them as well.

The article I read about Freestyle at Burger King confused me. One part implied all stores will have Freestyle, later it said only corporate BKs would be getting them.

Also, the Freestyle I used last week in Rochester had Mello Yello.
    Last edited by drpep; 12-10-2011 at 01:03 AM.

It's corporate stores. Same with Five Guys, unfortunately. But hopefully the franchisees will get on board as well.

Though it does require a fair amount of training for the crew. And they don't have ice makers, so the restaurant would have to buy one.

Yesterday I checked out the Freestyle machine at the Wawa in Aston, Pa. There, they had regular and diet Dr Pepper instead of Pibb, plus they had Mello Yello as well. I did not see Mello Yello Zero, however.

I tried a Coke Freestyle in August at a Wing Stop in San Jose. I had Peach Fanta, Peach Vault, samples of Peach Sprite, MM Raspberry Lemonade, MM Strawberry Lemonade, and a Raspberry Coke for the road. The Strawberry/Raspberry flavors of MM Lemonade were very good, Peach Sprite was also very good, Fanta Peach was pretty good, Peach Vault wasn't as good as I expected (should have gotten Vault Red Blitz), and Raspberry Coke was weird at first, but grew on me on my drive home. This Freestyle machine had Dr Pepper/Diet DP over Pibb Xtra, and Vault instead of Mello Yello. The only choice I thought was pointless was the Seagram's button, which I was expecting to have Ginger Ale but just had Seltzer Water. It was funny watching several people push the Seagram's button expecting Ginger Ale and pushing the back button when they just see Seltzer Water. I check the Coke Freestyle Facebook page once in awhile to see where the nearest location is - still over 100 miles away from me I wish someplace around me would get the Freestyle machines, or a chain like In-N-Out, Jack in the Box, or Carl's Jr would get Freestyle machines for all their locations.

The Aston Wawa has been my Freestyle for awhile now. I think it was the first one in Pa.

I have been to the one In Cali Tortilla too but never saw the Vault in it. Must have been a short time because I was there well before Fusion posted that and after, never saw the Vault.