Bevboard

Default Sounds like Pepsico is getting ready to refocus on their core brands.

The company that put the Obama logo onto Pepsi is going to change gears:

PepsiCo's Nanny State Product Strategy Fizzles | CNSnews.com

PEP has a really bad board. The role of a board is not all ceremonial.

The worst thing a company can do is be ashamed of what it makes. How many companies have had that issue lately. BP, Ford, P&G, most every electric utility, many others. And PEP was the worst offender. Hey, you are a soft drink, salty snack and cereal company. Be the BEST one you can be. And if you want to be in the health food business, then quit and start your own company.

I much prefer CAT. Makes big equipment that people use to reform the land to their liking. And d**n proud of it, too. Makes the best going. Not made up of people wanting to get into the tree planting gig.

Why is the president mentioned in this so much? Sounds more political than anything, this was my first time reading on the website in the link. All politics aside, it still really does not tell what new strategies are going to be taken to make Pepsi #2 again. It said nothing about new flavors, new logos or anything. Hopefully there will be more more information online about this.

Quote Originally Posted by XLS_04 View Post
    Why is the president mentioned in this so much? Sounds more political than anything, this was my first time reading on the website in the link.
    I thought the SAME thing.. then I clicked on the ABOUT US link. To answer your question, its because that article is from a website that prides itself on 'fighting liberal bias'... by injecting conservative crap into everything.
    My BRING BACK list:
    1. Pepsi Twist
    2. Pepsi Cherry Vanilla
    3. Pepsi Blue
    4. Pepsi Summer Mix
    5. dnL / 7upsideDown

Heres another article, without the politics:

PepsiCo to Cut 8,700 Jobs, Spend More on Marketing Brands - Businessweek

Also, I wanna know why them stupidly throwing out the old logo hasnt been cited for at least PART of the decline?

Overall, im happy they are turning their attention back to the core brands... We might get more Pepsi extentions out of it!
    My BRING BACK list:
    1. Pepsi Twist
    2. Pepsi Cherry Vanilla
    3. Pepsi Blue
    4. Pepsi Summer Mix
    5. dnL / 7upsideDown

CNS is an admittedly political website, but PepsiCo's decline under Indra Nooyi does have some relation to her spending too much time on American politics, and too little on running the company, along with a board of directors PepsiCo Board of Directors and Committees | PepsiCo.com that supports her (now admittedly failing) agenda. The whole group's basic problem is simply that they worry too much about recycling bottles, replanting jungles, "social justice" for some sugar cane picker, and other unimportant things, and that really feel uncomfortable about the company's products.

They need people who take pride in PepsiCo and its assortment of lifestyle foods such as Pepsi, Fritos, and Cap'n Crunch, and are trying to SELL MORE of these things, rather than "educating" their customers to like tofu.

Coke has its fair share of left-wingers too, but they haven't been trying to tell customers what's best for them. Pepsi has poured a great deal of money into products that most of their customers aren't interested in. In the meantime, they've neglected their core brands. Because of that decision, they've lost marketshare and are having to cut jobs. They ought to focus on what's best for Pepsico instead of political correctness.