Bevboard

Default Coca-Cola replaces Nestea with Fuze Tea in 20 markets...

As a result of the upcoming end of the joint venture between Coca-Cola & Nestlé, this May 1st Coca-Cola released its new tea brand called Fuze Tea in 20 markets including Mexico and it will replace the ready-to-drink version of Nestea...

Last edited by Ram0n C0keah0lic; 05-05-2012 at 03:03 AM.

I find this shocking because Nestea is pretty big. Too be honest it wasn't that great though. It was always too sweet and had a sour aftertaste that made you want to move to something else after drinking one can. I think they should have both and see what they do in sales and compare. I mean, I would assume this "Fuze Tea" could be marketed as a more gourmet tea by the way they are presenting it and use Nestea as a more economical "I don't mind the aftertaste" kinda brand. Forcing the consumer to but only one type of brand doesn't really do good for brand loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by thejax View Post
    I find this shocking because Nestea is pretty big. Too be honest it wasn't that great though. It was always too sweet and had a sour aftertaste that made you want to move to something else after drinking one can. I think they should have both and see what they do in sales and compare. I mean, I would assume this "Fuze Tea" could be marketed as a more gourmet tea by the way they are presenting it and use Nestea as a more economical "I don't mind the aftertaste" kinda brand. Forcing the consumer to but only one type of brand doesn't really do good for brand loyalty.
    Actually Coke has several tea brands besides Nestea and the soon to be Fuze Tea, such as Honest T, Gold Peak, and distribution rights to Peace Tea. What surprises me more is that Coke chose Fuze over Gold Peak to be Nestea's replacement as Coke has really been pushing Gold Peak lately placing it in fountains at many restaurants. Is Fuze also taking over the Nestea Raspberry, Peach, and Unsweetened fountain flavors? To me it would have made more sense having Gold Peak replace Nestea and growing the Gold Peak brand rather than replacing Nestea with a brand mostly known for juice drinks.

On another note, one Nestea flavor I really enjoy (besides their fountain Peach) is their Pomegranate Passion Fruit Red Tea. I will have to grab a 12 pack of cans of it before Coke stops making it. Hopefully though, Nestea will bottle the PPF Red Tea (I doubt they will put it in cans though) under their NWNA group. Also it would be cool if Coke made a Pomegranate Passion Fruit Red Tea under their Fuze Tea brand.

Fuze Tea in cans? I think that's pretty cool...

First US bottle/can Fuze products will hit the markets mid-July.

I think it is interesting that they are using the Fuze name for these products as well, but Pepsi has been successful with using the Lipton name on multiple tiers of teas for some time now (though they switched the premium version to Pure Leaf, with a tiny Lipton logo on the back).

Sadly, no pomegranate passionfruit Fuze, Andrew. But the cans won't be switched over for some time.

Beverage Digest just posted a photo of the american version of Fuze Tea on twitter:
    fuzetea.JPG

Fuze 1 liters are out this week. C-stores only. So far I've found the lemon tea, strawberry red tea, and berry punch. We also carry half & half and strawberry lemonade in the Northeast region. Other regions carry honey & ginseng green tea instead of the strawberry red tea, but the rest of the lineup is the same.