Bevboard

Default bottle collection questions

i have a substantial bottle collection for someone that is not a full-time, avid collector. mostly coke oriented with some cans and a few plastic bottles. my problem is that it's in my mothers temperature controlled storage unit and she would like me to pick up the tab. i would not, nor do i have much room to store said collection, which is approximately 50 cases of bottles.

anyone on here know of any good resources that i could use to evaluate this collection, see whether it is junk or not and how to go about selling and shipping said collection. i have room to temporarily store this collection so i'm not desperate; i just lack a sympathetic wife to my chilldhood obsession. you can all probably understand. and she's in the beverage business too!

i have boxes, mother cartons, shells and easy access to more so packaging shouldn't be a problem.

thanks everyone
    woot woot

i thought i would post some pictures of some of what i have. i'm going to end up dumping most of it down the drain, so i figured i would let ya'll check out some history.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84789138@N05/
    woot woot

I'd love to take some of those Coke bottles off your hands but shipping is killer. I've passed up many bottles on ebay because a $3-$4 bottle became $12-$15 with shipping.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

Yeah, that's the reality that hit me when looking up the possibility of selling some of this online. Already turned in some bottles for ten cents this morning for my morning fuel.
    woot woot

I saw your collection. You could always just save the labels off the plastic bottles as they don't take up very much space. I've saved labels off certain bottles if I found them significant. I have some Pepsi Blue 20 oz bottles that I thought I was going to sell or trade and never did and now wish I would have drank them before they went flat. As for cans, I'll save them if they're certain limited edition cans (Coke Olympics/World Cup, Pepsi/Mtn. Dew Star Wars, limited edition Mtn. Dew/Sprite flavors) or those 150ml airplane cans, but that's it. I used to save the limited edition flavors and 150 ml cans full and Star Wars, Olympics, and World Cup cans empty, but going forward I'm thinking of enjoying the drink and saving the cans empty as they seep out of the can over time anyway.

As far as the glass bottles, the holiday ones probably aren't worth too much. It's the anniversary ones and special event ones that tend to bring more money. I sold an employee bottle for $50 in '97. The anniversary/event bottles are produced in much smaller quantities and distributed in a much smaller area. Bottles given out to employees tend to be worth a lot more.

I'd probably just throw the whole thing up on Craigslist and see if you get any bites. Crosspost on nearby CL lists for more exposure. Post a few pics and a price - I'd aim high but accept a lot less.

Oh, and what's the story with the glass Canada Dry bottles?

I bought those in Canada in December, 1999. They were a special Millenium edition. Similarly, Vernor's had a 12oz 6pk LN set for the holidays in 1999 around Detroit.
    woot woot