Bevboard

Thread: Pepsi X

Default Pepsi X

Saw the new, limited edition, Pepsi X dragonfruit flavor in a store today. It's going to piss off lots of Pepsi drinkers, the 20oz package looks too much like regular Pepsi and the dragonfruit wording is in tiny lettering, people are going to think they have grabbed a regular Pepsi. I might have to try one, but I'm not too thrilled with this flavor.

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordp...vored-pepsi-x/
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

Quote Originally Posted by drpep View Post
    Saw the new, limited edition, Pepsi X dragonfruit flavor in a store today. It's going to piss off lots of Pepsi drinkers, the 20oz package looks too much like regular Pepsi and the dragonfruit wording is in tiny lettering, people are going to think they have grabbed a regular Pepsi. I might have to try one, but I'm not too thrilled with this flavor.

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordp...vored-pepsi-x/
    What store? I've looked unsuccessfully for it around here in a few different locations, despite all the media releases suggesting it's been out since Monday.

The way the board has been so slow lately, and since I don't watch TV, I had no inkling that this Pepsi X was about to come out. I had totally forgotten about that taste test tour they did last spring.

I bought a 12-pack yesterday though. It was in a small grocery store and the only reason I noticed it, is they had it in the Throwback slot, and I pulled one out to see if maybe there was a Throwback hiding in the back row. The "X" does not stand out very well at a glance... so at first I thought it was just some limited edition packaging. It was only after I saw the "Dragonfruit Flavored Cola" that I realized what it was. So I bought one. Had I not had it "in hand" I'd have never paid any attention to it, as I only buy Throwback for regular Pepsi.

It's kind of odd - similar to Next in that it's reduced calorie, 110 calories/can, with HFCS, Ace-K and Spenda. No aspartame. I like it better than Next Cherry Vanilla. (never tried that Mango flavor).

Haven't seen any images of the fridgepack packaging, so here:

Give me some cane sugar Pepsi in a glass bottle!!

I bought a 2-Liter of it at Stater Bros. here in Orange, CA and it just so happens that I'm drinking it right now.

First off, this stuff is really light. It almost looks like iced tea, a very light brown as opposed to the normal cola brown.

As for taste, I don't know about what a dragonfruit actually tastes like, but this sort of reminds me of Pepsi Holiday Spice. I have read that Dragonfruit is a very light flavor, so I'm guessing it's just being overpowered by the cinnamon and ginger flavors they added as an X Factor.

It's OK, but I won't be buying it again. I wasn't a fan of Holiday Spice either.

EDIT: Now that I've had a little more, I'd say there's not much of a cinnamon flavor, and it's more like a weird ginger ale than anything else. Still reminds me of Holiday Spice, but overall it's an odd mix of flavors.
    Last edited by The King; 10-13-2012 at 11:25 PM.

I just tried Pepsi X today. It tasted like cinnamon ginger ale. It was a little easy for me to spot it.
    Last edited by BluejacketT; 10-15-2012 at 05:30 PM.

I didn't notice any cinnamon at all - maybe that's because I'm a life-long Atomic Fire Ball and Cinnamon Fire Jolly Rancher eater... I'm used to STRONG cinnamon! I just cracked one open and yeah - the "nose" on it kind of has that feel of a house that someone sprayed cinnoman air freshener in a few hours ago.
    Give me some cane sugar Pepsi in a glass bottle!!

A) it was really easy to spot. B) It was ok. It will go good with Crown.
    banned

Tried Pepsi X, liked the taste of it. Reminded me of Pepsi Holiday Spice but with a slight taste of fruit added.

What I did not like about Pepsi X is the graphics. Since all the Pepsi products are running the X Factor promotions, it made Pepsi X almost appear as regular Pepsi, but with promotional graphics.

Still have yet to see it in my area..

I didn't realize Pepsi X was a separate flavor, I too thought it was Pepsi w/ X Factor packaging. I may pick some up if I can still find it.