Bevboard

Hybrid View

Default Propel Zero Sport---What's the Deal?

http://vimeo.com/27060580

Discovered this at a Walmart in Northern Maryland this past weekend, but only saw the Kiwi Strawberry flavor. It's pretty good--similar enough to Powerade Zero, although I think I might like it a tad better. It's certainly more 'Ade' ish than the typical Propel Zero line of water beverages.

The commercial (posted over a year ago!) makes it look like there are four varieties--Kiwi Strawberry, Grape, Lemon, and one I cannot make out in the Red bottle. Fruit Punch; Cherry; or Berry would all seem like possibilities.

What I think is most interesting is that it begs the question, why PepsiCo. wouldn't just name the product "G-Zero" or "Gatorade Zero", as opposed to attaching it to the inferior Propel line. However, the likelihood is that if successful, the product would kill TWO existing product lines: G2 AND Propel Zero. Few diet-drinkers would still reach for G2. Considering the current distribution lines for G2 (sizeable) and Propel (at least a fixture at gyms and chain C-stores), you have to believe Pepsi tried to shoehorn this new product instead of trying to makeover half of their share of that segment.

PZS.JPG

Screencap from the spot

Quote Originally Posted by ThePieHole View Post
    PZS.JPG

Screencap from the spot

Now I found Berry at that same Elkton, MD Walmart and stocked up in advance of the storm. I like it even more than the Kiwi Strawberry. So far both flavors are superior to most of the Powerade Zero choices (except perhaps the Lemon Lime, and the fun ones you can get on a Freestyle like Cherry).

Quote Originally Posted by ThePieHole View Post
    Now I found Berry at that same Elkton, MD Walmart and stocked up in advance of the storm. I like it even more than the Kiwi Strawberry. So far both flavors are superior to most of the Powerade Zero choices (except perhaps the Lemon Lime, and the fun ones you can get on a Freestyle like Cherry).
    No more at the local Walmart, but found Grape (as well as Berry and Kiwi Strawberry) at a Stop N' Shop on Long Island. Just haven't located Lemon yet.

Hello,

We are a beverage co-packer in the Los Angeles Area. WE HAVE THE LOWEST MINIMUMS IN THE INDUSTRY. WE CAN DO RUNS AS SMALL AS 20 CASES AT A VERY COMPLETIVE PRICES.

Our Signature Package
    Beverage Formulation
    Beverage Consulting
    Label Design
    Package Design
    R & D
    Label Sourcing
    Bottle Sourcing
    100 Completed Samples
    Completion of 20 Cases of Product
    Help with Distributors
    Create Business Plan
    Continued support

It comes with all of this, for only $4,999.

Additional Services We Provide
    What we can provide:
    -Beverage consulting
    -Beverage formulation
    -Beverage bottling
    -Shipping and Logistics
    -Exporting
    -Research and Development
    -Label design
    -Label printing
    -Warehousing
    -Sales and Marketing