Bevboard

Threaded View

Default Propel Zero Sport---What's the Deal?

http://vimeo.com/27060580

Discovered this at a Walmart in Northern Maryland this past weekend, but only saw the Kiwi Strawberry flavor. It's pretty good--similar enough to Powerade Zero, although I think I might like it a tad better. It's certainly more 'Ade' ish than the typical Propel Zero line of water beverages.

The commercial (posted over a year ago!) makes it look like there are four varieties--Kiwi Strawberry, Grape, Lemon, and one I cannot make out in the Red bottle. Fruit Punch; Cherry; or Berry would all seem like possibilities.

What I think is most interesting is that it begs the question, why PepsiCo. wouldn't just name the product "G-Zero" or "Gatorade Zero", as opposed to attaching it to the inferior Propel line. However, the likelihood is that if successful, the product would kill TWO existing product lines: G2 AND Propel Zero. Few diet-drinkers would still reach for G2. Considering the current distribution lines for G2 (sizeable) and Propel (at least a fixture at gyms and chain C-stores), you have to believe Pepsi tried to shoehorn this new product instead of trying to makeover half of their share of that segment.