Bevboard

Hybrid View

Question Caffeine Free Coke made w/sugar in Chester County PA

I might be making a trip to Paoli (Chester County) in Pennsylvania this Sunday, and would like to know if it's still possible to buy Caffeine Free Coca-Cola made with sugar/sucrose in the area or if I have to go further north to the Allentown/Bethlehem area.

I would prefer 2-liter bottles, but cans would be okay as well. If anyone knows of specific stores known to have a lot of it in stock, that would be a big help, as I won't be able to spend a whole lot of time chasing it down.

Thanks in advance to those who can help!

The trip didn't happen, but there is a chance that it will in the future. So if anyone can provide any information it would be helpful.

It is really hit or miss. ABARTA produces HFCS colas for the Chester County operations, but sometimes they do send sucrose stuff down. The easiest way to tell is if you see a CRP on the packaging code, that's HFCS stuff. I usually have better luck with 24 packs, and sometimes 12 packs. 2 liters not so much. I usually travel to Oxford PA to search. Sometimes I'll get lucky, sometimes I strike out. I need to make another run, I just drank the last of my sucrose Coke 24 packs. I got lucky the last time, there was this really beat up one that nobody else would touch, but I nabbed it because it was sucrose. Their loss.

If you have the time, I'd just go to Allentown.

I was in Oxford PA two weeks ago @ Walmart, and all the 12 packs of CF Coke were sucrose. But all the Coke was from Baltimore (HFCS), which is really weird. I can immediately tell if it's non-Abarta because they still use the old rounded corner 24 packs (and they use them for 20 packs as well).

I just wish they would run Dr Pepper on the sucrose line. That would be awesome.