Bevboard

Default Mountain Dew Regional Gold / Johson City Gold / Malt Dew

I was wondering when these regionally named Malt Dews (called Miner's Malt in my neck of the woods) were launching in stores. They have all the names and can designs but their website www.yourmaltdew.com hasn't mentioned when they were hitting stores. Anyone from Pepsi or the industry know? Its strange I haven't heard a release date for this Malt Dew and suddenly I'm hearing about MD Kickstart all over the internet (except here surprisingly) http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...psico/1908923/ and that its being released February 25. http://www.kickstartfirsttaste.com/

Also it seems like 2013 is going to be a light year overall for new sodas / soft drinks (at least compared to recent years). If this is so, I'll be buying less new sodas and more glass bottle sodas and "favorites".

I haven't seen any Malt Dews yet but most supermarkets I'm in have had stacks of Kickstart for over a week now.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

The original two Kickstart flavors are "morning" Mountain Dews. The two new ones - black cherry and limeade are "night" Mountain Dews. The cans are black.

I am honestly surprised that this concept succeeded. I think it's akin to a cheap energy drink, like the ones you see at the dollar store.

They were priced right at $1 to $1.50 each, making it cheaper than 20 oz bottles of Mtn Dew. That's probably played a major part of their modest success.