Bevboard

Hybrid View

Default 4 New MTN DEW Flavors for Canada! Finally they arrived!

Hey everyone, last night i was getting fuel from an Edmonton, Alberta Esso(Exxon in USA) and i saw the new flavors that have been in the USA awhile back. Canada has to vote on which flavor for MTN DEW to keep by going to Dewmocracy.ca and you can choose which one you like best. The flavors are: Code Red(Canada had this flavor ten years ago and is now back) Voltage, SuperNova and White Out all regular flavors. They are also made with half HFCS/half Real Sugar accordance with Canadian food and drink guidelines as the american versions are all made with 100% HFCS. They are in 591ml(20oz) bottles as i have not seen any in 12-pack cans or 2L bottles yet. They were just shipped a couple days ago so convienience stores should be getting them soon all over Canada now. I will give a breakdown of flavor tatses:
    MTN DEW Code Red: Like Hawaian Punch with carbonated punch blast.
    MTN DEW Voltage: Like Blue Rasberry(similar to Pepsi Blue of past)
    MTN DEW White Out: Like Fresca with sweetness
    MTN DEW SuperNova: Like Mixed Berries sweetness
    Keep in mind Code Red, SuperNova and Voltage have those tastes melded with the citrus taste of MTN DEW mixed in except White Out Has a great distinct taste.
    My favorites are like as follows:
    MTN DEW Code Red, SuperNova, Voltage and not into White Out.
    GO TRY THEM ALL!! You won't be dissapointed. I wish they would keep the top two flavors. Regular MTN DEW and Diet MTN DEW are still available and are staying put.
    Last edited by newCOKEcanuck; 04-11-2013 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Wrong Information

I am happy for Canadians getting to try these flavours and getting keep one of them as a permanent flavour. We no longer have Supernova (it was a Dewmocracy contender here awhile back) but we still have the other three flavors. That would be interesting if Supernova wins in Canada because then it will be one flavor that we don't have that they will have. I loved the Fanta Tangerine they had in Canada the last time I was there - it is a lot better than the Fanta Orange here.

One more thing I thought was interesting was that on Canada Dewmocracy Facebook page is that they don't abbreviate Mountain Dew in Canada like they do here.

I've tried them all. Code Red is far and away the best one. Voltage is 2nd and the other two fight for 3rd and 4th.

I remember they used to have Code Red in Canada when I was in grade 9 or 10. I used to take an extra long lunch and take a long walk to the store that was a ways from my school to get one because my high school only sold coke products. I hope it wins.

Are these caffeine free? Is that still a thing up there with Mountain Dew? I'm quite out of the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by PSOmasterX77 View Post
    Are these caffeine free? Is that still a thing up there with Mountain Dew? I'm quite out of the loop.
    Mountain Dew disappeared for a bit (I think, I don't remember seeing it for a while and then I suddenly noticed it again, but I don't drink a lot of the regular Dew) and came back with caffeine. It's no longer caffeine free.