Bevboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I hope that isn't true. But I cannot say for sure either way.

The way things started out, different food distributors were importing Coke and other products (and they still do) in returnable glass bottles from Mexico and other Central American (and some South American) countries. Coca-Cola, seeing the booming popularity of it, decided instead of suing the companies (like Pepsi did), they would have their bottling partners in Mexico produce non-returnable bottled Coke, Sprite, and Fanta Orange specifically for export to the United States, and distribute it through their bottling network in this country. It has since expanded to include Grape, Strawberry and Pineapple, plus different multipacks (mixed packs and straight 24 packs, 12 packs and 6 packs). We may also see Grapefruit at some point.

I do know there was some talk of bottlers in Mexico going to hfcs due to the rising cost of sugar, but I don't know if that has happened. I did read that they were still committed to using sugar in the stuff that is exported to the US.

I suppose the trouble is that other countries don't have food regulations that are as strict as ours are (and we still have a lot of problems here), and some things just aren't checked or enforced. There has been nasty stuff put in baby formula, candy and pet treats from China.

think of the profit margins for them. unfiltered tap water and hfcs at designer prices. no oversight. wouldn't be surprised if a mexican cartel is in charge of it all.

Take everything you read with a grain of salt.

Complain if you must, but I have to say, the taste between Throwback in aluminum cans and the USA bottled sugar and citric-acid Pepsi is instantly noticeable... and compared the the "Special Import" MexiPepsis as well. Really, those are the best bottles of Pepsi I've enjoyed drinking since my stock of A.D. Heusing returnable 12 oz. Pepsi from 2001 ran out.
    Give me some cane sugar Pepsi in a glass bottle!!

The bottled Mexican Crush is shockingly better. Light years even. I will gladly pay more for this stuff.
    banned

I bought a bottle of the MexiCrush on my DC trip, but I haven't had it yet.

The Tropical line from Coke in Honduras is also pretty good. They have a banana flavor, which is unique.

Tiky Pina, a pineapple soda from Guatemala is also pretty good. It's made by Canada Dry. I used to see it in glass, now only plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    I bought a bottle of the MexiCrush on my DC trip, but I haven't had it yet.

The Tropical line from Coke in Honduras is also pretty good. They have a banana flavor, which is unique.

Tiky Pina, a pineapple soda from Guatemala is also pretty good. It's made by Canada Dry. I used to see it in glass, now only plastic.
    Would love to try those.
    banned

I bought Mexican Pepsi & it is pretty good. It only cost me 89 cents a bottle.