Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Pepsi and Mountain Dew back in 12 ounce glass bottles

Just bought some 12 ounce Pepsi and Mountain Dew in Glass Bottles. Pepsi in their new bottle and Mountain Dew in long neck, both with sugar only (no HFCS). They are in in 4 packs NDNR., except for Deposit States. It is great to see these return to stores, I have been without since 2001 when A.D. Huesing shut down their glass returnable line. The code on the bottles are PK.

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

Default They are in Frederick, MD as well

These showed up at the Wegmans and The Wallys Mart in Frederick Maryland this week. They taste good. Real sugar, MMMMMMmmmmm.

This stuff sure is great, clean and crisp taste. I am glad it is the original Pepsi recipe and that it is not Throwback, since Throwback is missing citric acid.

I wonder which regions these will be sold in. Actually the normal Mexi-Pepsis in the "special import" bottles, which are what are found around these parts, are quite good. I'd like to sample these new ones, but as to when/if they'll appear around here, I'm not holding my breath.
    Give me some cane sugar Pepsi in a glass bottle!!

Right now there seems to be three different 12oz glass PEPSI bottles. The new bottle design with original formula from plant PK in 4pks., 6 Pack Long Necks from DR Pepper West Jefferson (original formula), and Mexican 12oz the same as Throwback. West Jefferson can be found from smaller bottlers like Memphis, MO (on their website). Anyone know where plant (PK) is located?

Bought some more today, this time from plant (GB). This is good as it confirms there are at least two plants bottling these.

Does anyone have pics of the new Pepsi and Mtn Dew glass bottles?

What the heck happened to this place? In fact what happened to the soda junkies in general? They seemed to have disappeared.

I remember people going crazy over little insignificant changes to some random soda, but now we have the holy grail mountain dew in a glass bottle with sugar and nobody seems to care. (Yes I know West Jefferson is the best but that's not sold in many places outside NC)

Not to mention Pepsi in a glass bottle with sugar possibly in the areas not covered by the imported mexican pepsi. I would think this would be getting more interest.

I'm dying to get my hands on this without having to pay some ungodly shipping charge. Anybody have any idea when this will hit california if at all?

Anybody seen these Mountain Dew bottles in the Phoenix, AZ, area? I've tried several Wal-marts and Targets, with no success.

Quote Originally Posted by wirthy View Post
    Anybody seen these Mountain Dew bottles in the Phoenix, AZ, area? I've tried several Wal-marts and Targets, with no success.
    Some gas stations and convenient stores might have it. I've had Pepsi and Mountain dew from those glass bottles before, and they were awesome.