Bevboard


Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Posts
    142

    Default

    I had a glass bottle Mountain Dew yesterday. Very good, better than the Throwback in cans. $3.49 for a 4 pack at Albertsons.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Do you guys think this is beet sugar? I am assuming it is. If it doesn't specify cane sugar it is usually GMO beet as I'm sure you all know.

    I drive one hour to buy Boylan's cane sugar soda for $1.25 a bottle. I would switch to this if I could determine it was non GMO cane.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    4,612

    Default

    $2.99 a 4 pack this week at Target.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada.
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Does anyone know if there are glass bottle six or four packs of real sugar Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew in northern Montana? I'm also looking to find Tab in 12pack cans in Great Falls Montana area? We have had four packs of glass real sugar Pepsi in Alberta for a year now which is such a treat, no other PepsiCo flavours here. Coke has been making small 8oz glass six packs of their five top flavours for many years but super pricy at $6 each plus deposit and taxes. I luv going to Montana and packing my car full as there are is no deposit or taxes in that state. Then I get deposit funds back when I take them to the bottle depot here in Alberta.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mountain DewVille Washington
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    $2.99 a 4 pack this week at Target.
    Not here.
    banned

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    went to walmart today.

    they want $4 for 4 12 oz bottles of Pepsi with GMO beet sugar and $4 for 12 12 oz cans of Pepsi with GMO beet sugar.....

    take a guess which one I bought.

    edit: I called Pepsi and they confirmed it is beet sugar
    Last edited by Holysmoke; 07-15-2014 at 09:33 PM.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holysmoke View Post
    went to walmart today.

    they want $4 for 4 12 oz bottles of Pepsi with GMO beet sugar and $4 for 12 12 oz cans of Pepsi with GMO beet sugar.....

    take a guess which one I bought.

    edit: I called Pepsi and they confirmed it is beet sugar
    The glass bottles have Citric Acid in the ingredients, where as the cans do not.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Themaster73 View Post
    The glass bottles have Citric Acid in the ingredients, where as the cans do not.
    66% higher price for citric acid? Is that the reason they raise the price?

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    4,612

    Default

    The glass bottles are more a novelty/specialty item. People are willing to pay more per ounce for them. Especially the 6 packs of 8 ounce Coca-Cola. It's the exact same soda as in the bottles and cans. I'd buy Coke de Mexico instead if it was me.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    The glass bottles are more a novelty/specialty item. People are willing to pay more per ounce for them. Especially the 6 packs of 8 ounce Coca-Cola. It's the exact same soda as in the bottles and cans. I'd buy Coke de Mexico instead if it was me.

    I have hesitated buying mexican coke due to the rumors about water.

    also the fact that it might not even contain sucrose has me concerned. are the mexicans pulling one over on us?

    http://healthland.time.com/2010/10/2...ght-be-a-myth/

    goranlab.com/pdf/Ventura%20Obesity%202010-sugary%20beverages.pdf

    For instance, the Mexican
    Coca-Cola lists “sugar” on the ingredient list, but the laboratory
    did not detect any sucrose, but rather near equal amounts of
    fructose and glucose, results which suggest the use of HFCS
    Last edited by Holysmoke; 07-17-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •