Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mexican soda.

Default Mexican soda.

Lately there has been a big surge in imported Mexican soda. Coke and Pepsi have always been around, but now there is sprite and Fanta. To boot, Mexican Crush has arrived recently. And holy hell is it good. It taste just like it used to back in the day.
    banned

I've seen Mexi-Sprite and 7-up around for years now. Now Crush, I've not seen that around.
    Give me some cane sugar Pepsi in a glass bottle!!

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

Is it Mexi-Can soda, or Mexi-Bottle? Around here it's always in bottles. Ha Ha! Get it? Mexi-Can............. At least I thought it was funny.

We've been carrying Fanta grape, strawberry and pineapple for a little while now. Grapefruit is supposedly next.

The Hispanic grocery on Hillcrest used to have some interesting stuff. Canada Dry pineapple, Tropical banana from Honduras.. Not sure how it is now as I have not been in there in years. Coming down this weekend, will have to stop by and see what they've got.

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

There is a huge International Supermarket, in where the Super Giant used to be, called G-Mart down the street from Hillcrest. Give that place a try. They seem to have a constantly changing stock of international foods. Including drinks.

I remember seeing the coming soon signs when I was down last year. Though apparently it had those for a while. My family did mention that it had finally opened. Thanks for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    We've been carrying Fanta grape, strawberry and pineapple for a little while now. Grapefruit is supposedly next.

The Hispanic grocery on Hillcrest used to have some interesting stuff. Canada Dry pineapple, Tropical banana from Honduras.. Not sure how it is now as I have not been in there in years. Coming down this weekend, will have to stop by and see what they've got.
    It's only been around for the last few months here. It's quite clear that sugared pop is the fad. Which is awesome, of course.

Crush is still the best I have tried yet. But it does beg the question, why the hell do they sell Crush in glass bottles with hfcs? Really? After trying Mexi-bottle(yes Bottleboss, that is hilarious) Crush, I am a bit peeved at the ridiculousness of this.
    banned

I found Orange Crush that was specifically bottled for export to the US. Shorter bottle and no paper ingredients label.

Hillcrest was a win. They put cooler doors in on the wall in the soda section so it was more organized. Gmart had a lot of the same stuff that Hillcrest did, too. 500ml Tropical Banana, Coke with yellow bottle caps (did not check country of origin yet), Tiky Pina in plastic, etc.

The thing that disappointed me at Gmart is that they did not have any significant soda options outside of the Hispanic section. I was hoping for some little cans of Fanta or Qoo or something from Asia. All I really remember seeing was the old school energy drinks in the little glass bottles with plastic caps and ramune. Oh, and some 6pk cans of some drinks like Pocari Sweat and some milk-based drinks.

I just found Mexican Crush today at a Racetrac gas station in South Hill, VA, on U.S. 58 near I-85. It's apparently being distributed by the local Pepsi bottler, as it was on the same sale price as the glass bottles of Pepsi, Mt. Dew, and Dr Pepper (not West Jefferson, btw). I looked around at other local gas stations in the South Hill area, but saw no sign of it.

I've also noticed the expansion of grape, strawberry, and pineapple Mexican Fanta. I first found it in Cary, NC, in late March and have since seen it showing up in Kroger stores in the Richmond, VA, area.

Squirt and 7 up are coming.

So that's:

Pepsi, Coca-Cola, Sprite, five flavors of Fanta, Crush, 7 Up, and Squirt.

Keep it coming guys.
    banned