Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default A new mid-calorie Coke: Coca-Cola Life

This week Coca-Cola Argentina just released a new member of the Coca-Cola line-up: Coca-Cola Life.

This version of Coca-Cola is part sweetened with real sugar and part sweetened with Stevia (Truvia brand).

It's only available in Argentina so far.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ram0n C0keah0lic View Post
    This week Coca-Cola Argentina just released a new member of the Coca-Cola line-up: Coca-Cola Life.

This version of Coca-Cola is part sweetened with real sugar and part sweetened with Stevia (Truvia brand).

It's only available in Argentina so far.

Awesome pictures man. Kind of random, but your username/posts came to mind the other day when I found out that Mexico is one of the top soda consuming countries per person in the world(top 5 I believe). Now I see why you get some of the exclusive stuff down there.

I have a cousin who lives in Argentina and he just posted about this on Facebook. If they bring this to the US it would give Pepsi Next a run for its money (not that would be hard). I really love the look and name they gave it. The green color really stands out but you can still tell its a Coca Cola variation. No one is going to confuse this for regular or diet, and the green used is different from the green used in lime flavors. It looks really well in the Coke line-up with regular, diet/light, and zero. If Coca Cola Life tests well in Argentina, I could see it being implemented across the World like Coca Cola Zero. And I like that they chose to go with Stevia instead of aspartame, sucralose, or ace K, which have been overplayed in sodas.

One thing I found interesting is they chose Argentina as the test market, as it isn't known for soda innovations. I went to Argentina in 2004/5 and the soda choices they had were Coke, Coke Light, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Fanta Naranja (orange), Quatro (grapefruit soda), and Quatro Rosado (pink grapefruit soda - only in 0.5L bottles) from the Coca-Cola Company and Pepsi, Pepsi Light, 7UP, 7UP Light, 7UP Ice (limited edition mint flavored lemon-lime soda for the Summer - only in 0.5L bottles), Mirinda Naranja (orange), Paso de Los Toros Pomelo (grapefruit soda), and Paso de Los Toros Tonica (tonic water) from PepsiCo. Grapefruit Soda is popular in Argentina and is more tart like Italian Grapefruit Soda than like Squirt, and the Quatro Rosado and 7UP Ice sodas were interesting finds, but besides that it was just your basic core flavors down there. Mexico has a lot more interesting soda flavors/variety in comparison. Also relatives of mine told me that new sodas don't do well there as people stick to Coke/Pepsi, lemon lime, orange, and grapefruit sodas down there. Cherry Coke and Mountain Dew were both tried and discontinued in Argentina. One thing that surprised me when I went to Argentina was how good of a presence Pepsi had there, as many sit down restuarants I went to had Pepsi instead of Coke (or some had both) and even Burger King there had Pepsi products. I would say it was 55/45 Coke and Pepsi in restuarants which is a better ratio for Pepsi then up here. No fountain though except for fast food restaurants and some concession stands, many restuarants use 355ml (12 oz) glass bottles and drinks were reasonably priced with the US/Argentina exchange rate. I noticed that Coke Zero has launched successfully there since my last visit, so Coke must feel a mid calorie Coke would do well there since it has the Coke name and isn't a flavored cola. Hopefully Coca Cola Life is well executed and catches on there so we can get it up here too.

According to Beverage Digest and The Guardian, it is coming to the US and UK.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...ies-less-sugar

Will be forgotten by summer 2016.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    According to Beverage Digest and The Guardian, it is coming to the US and UK.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...ies-less-sugar
    The article only mentions UK, unless I missed a spot. But I think we will get this eventually here in the US.

I didn't have an article for the US. It was just a tweet by Beverage Digest.

https://twitter.com/BeverageDigest/s...10454024941568

This is what pepsi should have done with Next. They did so in Canada, but not here.
    banned

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/coca...-make-us-debut

Full scale launch in October, very limited release coming this week. Coca-Cola Life will be available in Fresh Market stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.

From The Fresh Market website:

http://www.thefreshmarket.com/view-specials/coke-life

A map and listing of all the stores that are carrying Life. They will be having sampling this weekend and handing out $1 off coupons for the 6 packs of 8 ounce glass. Life will also be sold in 20oz single bottles and 6 pack cans, usually will be in the natural/organic food sections in stores. Not sure if this "premium" approach will work, it didn't with C2.