Bevboard

Hybrid View

Default Road trip (help)

I am leaving the allentown pa area going to salem Virginia then onto Winston salem nc and was wondering what I may be able to get? Looking for cherry sundrop, cheerwine and peach nehi

Cheerwine is in Salem/Roanoke. You will probably be out of luck with Cherry Sundrop unless you continue east to I-95 and the Roanoke Rapids/ Rocky Mount area. Peach Nehi is a possibility between Salem and Winston Salem but I think you are going to have to really look.

What route are you taking between Salem and Winston Salem and how much time do you have to spend looking between your destinations? You can find a lot of stuff depending on your route.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

I-77 to statesville. Gonna go to wilksboro first then I-74 to Winston salem up to danvilke VA then back to salem

Once you cross into North Carolina Cheerwine will be everywhere; cans, plastic and glass. You should find most stuff put out by West Jefferson except Dr Pepper and Mtn Dew, although I recall finding both in Mount Airy. I believe Nehi Peach can be found. Wilkesboro should be a good spot. You have to look for this stuff, don't just check one grocery store and one c-store. I do know you won't find much at Food Lion.
    If you can make a side trip to Salisbury you might have good luck finding Cherry SunDrop. I know the farther down I-85 you get from Salisbury the better your chances until you hit Kannapolis which is a definite yes for Cherry SunDrop. You might get lucky in Statesville though.

I've read on here that stuff has been found in Danville but those posts are several years old and are no longer on here.

I don't know anything about Winston-Salem.

Best chance for Cherry Lemon Sundrop is I-77S from Statesville to NC 73 East to Concord. Statesville to Concord is about an hour drive. Concord to Winston-Salem via I-85N and US 52N is another hour. The second leg will take you through Salisbury, the home of Cheerwine. Their phone number is (704) 637-5881. I don't think they sell direct from the warehouse anymore, though.

Peach Nehi will probably be longneck glass bottles only. I don't think it should be too hard once you get south of Roanoke and into NC.

Half the fun sometimes is just making the trip and seeing things you don't expect.

I used to take really detailed notes on my trips, but they were all on another message board, so they are long gone.

You had some trip notes on here also but the older posts are gone.

I think I found Nehi Peach in plastic in Huntersville off I-77 but that was at least 4 years ago and also way off jerr2429's route.