Bevboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Would I find more if I went 81 south into TN rather than go to NC. Can I still get nehi and cherry sundrop. Is Johnson city a good hit

You are better off in North Carolina.

I don't think that picture was from Galax, I'm sure it was further down 81.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

Thanks for the info. I hope to find some of the dads stuff. I'd live to get my hands on the bubble up

Bubble Up in glass was and should still be for sale at Cracker Barrel.

When in NC and VA don't bother with Food Lion, Kroger or Walmart; they are not going to have the oddball stuff, except Cheerwine and SunDrop. Check the IGA, Galaxy Food Centers and Piggly Wigglys. Also Lowes Foods and Ingles may have some stuff. Don't just check the soda aisle. Walk the store, look in the coolers by the registers and check all endcaps, you never know where bottles of Peach Nehi may be hiding. If one gas station has nothing cross the street and look in another. Circle K, 7-Eleven and Kangaroo will probably have the basics.
    Last edited by drpep; 08-01-2013 at 08:54 PM.

If you go to Danville, VA, you can find Double Cola products (DC, Ski, Double Dry, Chaser, Jumbo). If it's on a weekday, your best bet is to stop by the beer distributor (Lawrence) at 545 Old Mayfield Road and buy it directly. If it on a weekend, look for Old Dutch Supermarkets or convinence stores. Most of the chain grocery stores and Walmart don't carry the DC products.

If you go to Danville on Hwy. 29, you might want to take the Pelham exit just before you cross over into VA. There's a convenience store there (it's in the corner of Caswell county) that usually has TruAde varieties and Dr. Wham. I believe that the rest area at that exit has drink machines with TruAde, too.
    Last edited by CitrusCola; 08-02-2013 at 09:54 PM.

One other note: most Food City and Ingles grocery stores have "nostalga brand" sections where you can often find some interesting drinks. I've seen Red Rock Cola, Red Rock Ginger Ale, Nesbitt's, and Dr. Enuf in "nostalga" sections. Just make sure you look around the entire store. Sometimes they put the nostalga soft drinks away from the regular soft drink aisle.

Big Red (and Big Blue) are now distributed by Pepsi in the Triad area, so you ought to be able to find them in just about any grocery store in the area between Lexington and Winston-Salem.
    Last edited by CitrusCola; 08-02-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Once this road trip is over, please let us know what you found.

Any news??

found nehi orange,grape, and peach 2 liter at walmart in wilksbro nc, found frostie at lowes foods in wilksboro as well as double cola and bubble up 12 pk. got some sundrop cherry lemon 6 packs in walmart statesville. there is a piggly wiggly open now in roanoke va.mello yello zero was all over as well as pibb,and cheerwine.

Piggly Wiggly in Roanoke. Awesome! To bad I won't be there this year.

I just checked out their website, never knew there was an IGA (now the PW) in Roanoke
    Last edited by drpep; 09-05-2013 at 09:11 PM.