Bevboard

Default Coke's new six pack fridge pack.

From the NACS video posted by Mr. John Craven (which can be found here: http://www.bevnet.com/news/2013/vide...p-of-nacs-2013 ).

Coke is coming out with a line of six pack fridgepacks. They're going to be called the Sixer. Look for them in mid-January.

Sixer.jpg

This is a good idea. Hopefully the more obscure flavors will come in this size so I don't have to be stuck with 12 cans of a flavor I only want a few cans of.

Here's a photo of the Sixer:

Quote Originally Posted by ATownAndrew View Post
    This is a good idea. Hopefully the more obscure flavors will come in this size so I don't have to be stuck with 12 cans of a flavor I only want a few cans of.
    Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Sprite and Fanta Orange at first (plus Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper where applicable). Talks of some flavors, but nothing too obscure - what I'd call the first tier flavors, the ones that really sell when we run a big can ad.

And speaking of flavors, Coke has really been putting an emphasis on selling 2L flavors, often at a lower/much lower (depending on market) price than the core 2L. Sales are up some insane amount. I always noticed a nice bump in flavor sales when we were on ad, and this attests to that. Flavors have been $1 in Walmart all year. 10/$10 or 4/$5 in some other stores. Some 99 or 79 cent prices in more aggressive areas. I just wish we would carry a few more, like Diet Barq's, Pibb Xtra, Fanta Grapefruit, Fanta Apple.

What a waste of paper and excessive packaging. The classic 6-pack has just as much advertising at a much lower cost price. Coca-Cola has put so much money on enviormental impact of plastics such as their Bio-bottle. They are now wasting paper on where none needs to be used.

Great, so the flavors I'd be willing to buy more cans of will be in this size. I would like to see the other Fanta and Coke flavors in this size plus Barqs, Fresca flavors, and new promotional flavors.
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Sprite and Fanta Orange at first (plus Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper where applicable). Talks of some flavors, but nothing too obscure - what I'd call the first tier flavors, the ones that really sell when we run a big can ad.

And speaking of flavors, Coke has really been putting an emphasis on selling 2L flavors, often at a lower/much lower (depending on market) price than the core 2L. Sales are up some insane amount. I always noticed a nice bump in flavor sales when we were on ad, and this attests to that. Flavors have been $1 in Walmart all year. 10/$10 or 4/$5 in some other stores. Some 99 or 79 cent prices in more aggressive areas. I just wish we would carry a few more, like Diet Barq's, Pibb Xtra, Fanta Grapefruit, Fanta Apple.

These officially launched yesterday (Monday), though there were early deliveries last week.

I finally got to handle them today. Interesting. They are fused together as a 2-pack, with full perforation on the bottom and partial perforation on the top. You have to be careful when pulling apart the bottom that you don't split the seam of either box, or rip the perforation and rip the packaging. The two packs are lightly glued together (small dots of glue), similar to regular fridge packs - we have to "snap" them apart. So there are 4 Sixers to a case. (Standard case size is 24 cans).

The ends are different from a regular fridge pack. The typical fridge pack has top and bottom tabs, and then behind those are two smaller left and right tabs. The Sixer does not have the left and right tabs. The ends seem vulnerable to getting damaged.

What is interesting is that the front end of each Sixer has what is called a "mouse hole" - an opening that is rounded and on the corner to allow you to pull the package off the shelf by sticking a finger in there and pulling.

They are using a lot of freestanding recyclable cardboard displays to sell these, so you may not see them on the shelf. Price is around $2.99.

Quote Originally Posted by newCOKEcanuck View Post
    What a waste of paper and excessive packaging. The classic 6-pack has just as much advertising at a much lower cost price. Coca-Cola has put so much money on enviormental impact of plastics such as their Bio-bottle. They are now wasting paper on where none needs to be used.

It does seem like a lot of unnecessary packaging. Interesting though, to see Coke pushing 6-pack cans again after all these years. These were free at Martins last week with a $25 purchase.

That was a great idea. They can have it since the competition is hard.