Bevboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Just read the other day that Target is closing all their stores in Canada. Surely can't be good news for Cherry Coke there.

Quote Originally Posted by sublimecitrus View Post
    I remember seeing a diet coke lime in a coke display case at the U of Saskatchewan. I bought it, but it was until after I opened it and heard no fizz that I noticed the expiry date was 2005.

But hey, we get lime pepsi so I guess we should shush... or so these companies think.
    How big is Freestyle up there? I did some searching and see that they have machines in Canada. And that they have Pibb Xtra on them. And Fuze tea.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Just read the other day that Target is closing all their stores in Canada. Surely can't be good news for Cherry Coke there.
    Of course not. :P Without Target, selection will go to hell here. Unless we can still count on Costco. Anyway, I'm done with shoppping in Canada anyway, so I'll be getting my Cherry Coke in your country. I'm tired of the lack of flavoured colas here, and I'm tired with the companies' excuses not to release them here. Especially Pepsi Canada. They pissed me off for the last time last week.

We have no Freestyle Coke machines in Canada. I would like to know where you got your information that we do? No Pibb Xtra here. Here in western Canada Alberta and B.C. we have Diet Coke Lime in 12-packs cans only now and it sells great, it's never gone away here. Target has always had the worst soda pop selection up here in Canada as it only has a very small grocery area and never expanded it due to Target Canada was so poorly run and will be closing all stores by this June 2015. Target in the US is struggling too.
    Vanilla Coke would be great if it came back as we use mostly real sugar up here, the taste would be great. The U.S. uses 100% HFCS which tastes terrible.
    Last edited by newCOKEcanuck; 01-20-2015 at 01:11 AM.

I still think it sucks that Target had to get in the mess it did because it was spearheaded by absolute idiots.

I prefer Cherry Coke over Vanilla, so that never bothered me. But I'm worried pop selection will dwindle with fewer retailers to choose from. I wonder if Diet Coke Lime 12-packs will ever come here, though.

And there is (or used to be) Freestyles in Toronto.

Target wouldn't have ever expanded their selection anyways. For a company that invested billions coming to Canada, they sure gave up real easy. "We'll just come up to Canada, tell them to love us and mail it in. Empty shelves, poor selection... whatever, Canadians will flock to the brand."

Screw 'em.

If Pepsi wanted to get rid of Lime Pepsi and release Cherry Pepsi, I'd be on board. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen someone drink lime pepsi in public. Ever. Or buy it. But I know that two summers ago cherry pepsi was sold out in a lot of places quite regularly.

Seems like these companies are too scared to take a risk.

Target wouldn't have ever expanded their selection anyways. For a company that invested billions coming to Canada, they sure gave up real easy. "We'll just come up to Canada, tell them to love us and mail it in. Empty shelves, poor selection... whatever, Canadians will flock to the brand."

Screw 'em.

If Pepsi wanted to get rid of Lime Pepsi and release Cherry Pepsi, I'd be on board. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen someone drink lime pepsi in public. Ever. Or buy it. But I know that two summers ago cherry pepsi was sold out in a lot of places quite regularly.

Seems like these companies are too scared to take a risk.
    Wow, Target. That is extremely lame on their part. You can't count on just copying the name over. The product has to be good too. They learned that the hard way. Which sucks because they had so much potential if they had just given us good products.

Anyway, the "unwilling to take risks" thing is what got me so ticked off with Pepsi Canada. They take risks in the States all the time. Changing formulas, introducing new products, etc. Here? Nothing. We get the same bland repetitive crap all the time. I know we're a smaller market, but these people must be blatantly ignorant of the fact that we cross-border shop for those products. Or they just
    don't give a Christ about us.

I drink Pepsi Lime, even in public. I love it to death. But I reconsider what I said years earlier. I'd trade it for Cherry in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisWildCherry View Post
    Wow, Target. That is extremely lame on their part. You can't count on just copying the name over. The product has to be good too. They learned that the hard way. Which sucks because they had so much potential if they had just given us good products.

Anyway, the "unwilling to take risks" thing is what got me so ticked off with Pepsi Canada. They take risks in the States all the time. Changing formulas, introducing new products, etc. Here? Nothing. We get the same bland repetitive crap all the time. I know we're a smaller market, but these people must be blatantly ignorant of the fact that we cross-border shop for those products. Or they just
    don't give a Christ about us.

I drink Pepsi Lime, even in public. I love it to death. But I reconsider what I said years earlier. I'd trade it for Cherry in a heartbeat.
    We haven't even had Pepsi Throwback for a few years.

No one even tries.

Edit: Noticed that Pepsi Canada has posted "No plans for Wild Cherry Pepsi" on their facebook page every time it's requested.

Edit 2: Coca-Cola, instead of trying variety in Canada, is changing the sweetness of regular coke in Canada. And releasing smaller packaging. Sigh.
    Last edited by sublimecitrus; 01-27-2015 at 10:28 PM.

We haven't even had Pepsi Throwback for a few years.

No one even tries.

Edit: Noticed that Pepsi Canada has posted "No plans for Wild Cherry Pepsi" on their facebook page every time it's requested.

Edit 2: Coca-Cola, instead of trying variety in Canada, is changing the sweetness of regular coke in Canada. And releasing smaller packaging. Sigh.
    I'm starting to send people to the States for me and pick up some flavoured colas for me. I'm fed up with the lack of choice here. Canada (with the exception of Ontario and one or 2 other provinces) is a pit for soda lovers. The compaines' idea of selection is "4-or-5 varieties of the same goddamn thing, regular Coke and Pepsi". Come on. :P I'm sick of Pepsi Next as well, even though I sorta helped launch it. When are we ever going to get something different?

Okay. Pepsi gets points for giving us Code Red and Voltage Dews. but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by newCOKEcanuck View Post
    We have no Freestyle Coke machines in Canada. I would like to know where you got your information that we do? No Pibb Xtra here. Here in western Canada Alberta and B.C. we have Diet Coke Lime in 12-packs cans only now and it sells great, it's never gone away here. Target has always had the worst soda pop selection up here in Canada as it only has a very small grocery area and never expanded it due to Target Canada was so poorly run and will be closing all stores by this June 2015. Target in the US is struggling too.
    Vanilla Coke would be great if it came back as we use mostly real sugar up here, the taste would be great. The U.S. uses 100% HFCS which tastes terrible.
    I watched a video on youtube that was dated almost three years ago that announced the introduction of the Freestyle to Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8J2N1-Txoc

And if you go to the freestyle website, it will give you locations in Canada. But I couldn't get anything to come back in Alberta, even doing searches with a 75 mile radius. Quite a few in Toronto, though.

http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/fi...ronto,%20on|75

I also did a search with Vancouver and came back with some hits. Guess the rollout in Canada is going much, much slower than in the US.

I get the general impression that Canada is much less of a cola country than the US is. I don't know the specific breakdown of the market share of Coke and Pepsi and their various flavors, but it seems like you have a better selection of non-cola beverages. Coke even has competing brands in the same flavor spaces, like C-Plus and Fanta, and A&W and Barq's. And I guess Nestea and Fuze?