Bevboard

Default Mtn Dew Sangrita Blast at Taco Bell

I haven't seen or tried this yet, but apparently Taco Bell is trying out a new Mtn Dew exclusive flavor, Sangrita Blast, at least at some Taco Bells. This picture from The Inpulse Buy was spotted in Oregon. It looks like it will be a cross between a (non-alcoholic) Sangria and Margarita, so a grape - fruit punch - pomegranate - lime - citrus flavor likely. I can't wait to try it. Also looks like there will be a diet version of Baja Blast.

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordp...angrita-blast/

http://m.imgur.com/a/kro1H

Apparently some Taco Bells also have Manzanita Sol on tap although I've never seen Manzanita Sol in a soda fountain.

Cool find. I usually go through the drive through, so I miss these kinds of things.

I don't think I've seen Manzanita Sol on tap, either.

A Pepsi guy told me the other day he heard that Baja Blast was coming in bottles and cans. I wonder if the addition of the Sangrita flavor will make this happen finally.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Cool find. I usually go through the drive through, so I miss these kinds of things.

I don't think I've seen Manzanita Sol on tap, either.

A Pepsi guy told me the other day he heard that Baja Blast was coming in bottles and cans. I wonder if the addition of the Sangrita flavor will make this happen finally.
    Hmm, I wonder if Taco Bell's contract requires them to have an exclusive flavor and once they get Sangrita Blast as an exclusive flavor that will free up Baja Blast to be sold in cans and bottles.

Taco Bells use of Mountain Dew products has been a major boon for them.
    banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dewman1979 View Post
    Taco Bells use of Mountain Dew products has been a major boon for them.
    Taco Bell found that many people were coming through the drive thru and ordering food but no drinks. So, they partnered with Pepsi to develop a flavor that was exclusive to Taco Bell. It in turn increased drink sales in the drive thru. Baja Blast was to be the first of a series of limited flavors, but it has been so successful that they have kept it. And added diet and the Sangrita. I am assuming that if the Sangrita tests successfully, it will roll out nationally and Baja Blast will go to bottle/can.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Taco Bell found that many people were coming through the drive thru and ordering food but no drinks. So, they partnered with Pepsi to develop a flavor that was exclusive to Taco Bell. It in turn increased drink sales in the drive thru. Baja Blast was to be the first of a series of limited flavors, but it has been so successful that they have kept it. And added diet and the Sangrita. I am assuming that if the Sangrita tests successfully, it will roll out nationally and Baja Blast will go to bottle/can.
    I would love for this to happen. As for the drive-thru tidbit the only reason I ever get a soda from them is because of Baja Blast. So, mission accomplished.

One thing though, why hasn't this been ripped off elsewhere? It doesn't have to be Baja Blast, just exclusive. Yet no one else bothers. But then, this is pepsi, the company that has yet to find a way to match the genius that is coke freestyle. Lol.
    banned

I avoid restaurants that have Coke Freestyle.
    IMO the soda does not taste as good as the fountain sodas.
    Last edited by Mr Zabe; 03-07-2014 at 11:14 AM.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Quote Originally Posted by Dewman1979 View Post
    I would love for this to happen. As for the drive-thru tidbit the only reason I ever get a soda from them is because of Baja Blast. So, mission accomplished.

One thing though, why hasn't this been ripped off elsewhere? It doesn't have to be Baja Blast, just exclusive. Yet no one else bothers. But then, this is pepsi, the company that has yet to find a way to match the genius that is coke freestyle. Lol.
    Good question. I know that the Coke Freestyle somewhat does this, but the choices are the same in all the machines (except for Pibb/Dr Pepper which varies).

Wendy's has been test marketing some exclusive drinks, but nothing large scale. I know at Coke, we do some exclusives at least for the introduction of new products before they make their way into the general market.

7-11 seems to be on board with the exclusives. They have Diet Coke Frost, which is the first Diet Coke Slurpee. You can get a free one if you download the 7-11 app and sign up (it gives you coupons for free stuff and deals that scan at the register). They are also doing NOS Black and NOS White, which are the new names for Charged Citrus and Charged Citrus Zero (which is actually a new flavor as well). I think they have them for a month before everyone else does. They also did a summer lemonade exclusive with Snapple, had a few Gatorade exclusives, and the Shaq cream sodas launched there first as well. Oh, and the Red Bull flavors, too. They also had the thermochromatic Coke cans (the ones with the ice cubes) before anyone else did.

Saw a new Taco Bell exclusive on the menu board yesterday, frozen Mtn Dew Kickstart black cherry.

Sounds yummy! I don't drink Mountain Dew regularly anymore, but maybe I'll have to stop by Taco Bell sometime and try this new blend for old time's sake.