Bevboard

Default Any Pepsi Merchandiser on here?

I just had my face to face interview today for a full time merchandiser for PepsiCo out of Hopkinsville Kentucky. It went great and I hope to hear back with a job offer.
    I just had a some questions about the iPhones they give to you.
    What kind of iPhone is it?
    Do you get a new number and have a work number? Or do you just use it as your personal phone?
    If you get a new number completely, what provider is it?

No one gas any answers!? Lol
    Does anyone know a pepsi merchandiser?

I used to be one... 20 years ago. Can't help you out with modern day questions though.
    Give me some cane sugar Pepsi in a glass bottle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trrrex92 View Post
    No one gas any answers!? Lol
    Does anyone know a pepsi merchandiser?
    When I was a merchandiser, we had no minutes to use. Only sales reps got minutes. The merchandisers had the nextels with the "chirp"/walk-talkie method on them. Now I believe the merchandisers have their own phone and number but are only allowed to use it to call company related numbers.

Yeah, we had those chirp Nextels at Coke as well. Now we have Blackberry Bolds. We use Verizon, so any Verizon-to-Verizon calls are free. Also have unlimited data, which is for emails as well as the custom route/gps/time clock software that we use.

There is an option for us to use our phones as personal phones, I think it is $10-$15 extra? I still have my own personal phone on Verizon, and we get a nice 28% discount on that.

Unfortunately, I work in an area that the Pepsi distributor is independent (not part of PepsiCo), so I can't tell you about the iPhones. They don't provide their merchandisers with cell phones. But they do get company cars - Ford Focuses and Chevy Cavaliers. Though they only get to use them for the day, they have to drive their self to and from work or have a ride. The salespeople and bosses do get to take theirs home, though.

Also, this board can move very slowly. It is a lot less popular than it used to be. Just a handful of people that post with any regularity. It used to be a lot busier. You may have to wait a day or two to get a response.

Anyway - hope you get the job and we can welcome you to the industry! I think it's a good one to work in, a tough job, but it pays pretty well compared to some other entry level jobs and I love the freedom of not having my boss in the cubicle next to me. Everything we do is over the Blackberry now.

Thanks guys!
    But I had my day one orientation today! It went great. I had to drive 3 hours to Louisville, ky though! Does anyone know what kind of mileage rate they pay? Working out of hopkinsville I am going to be using my own vehicle. And as far as the iPhone situation, I should be finding out more when I actually have my first days at the hopkinsville facility.