Bevboard

Default Dr Pepper Heritage?

Is this stuff gone completely? Available only in certain markets? I have to admit, I'm really out of the loop and don't drink that much soda anymore. But when I want one, I want a Dr Pepper with sugar. I'm sure I bought a few 12 packs earlier this year but have not seen it lately. Ran in Winn Dixie the other day and saw the Pepsi man and he said they were no longer selling it. Said it had been a few months.

Some areas must have held onto it longer than others - it didn't last very long here in Maryland. It was a Pepsi-bottler only thing. Coke bottlers didn't carry it. It was more of a tie-in with Pepsi Throwback and Mtn Dew Throwback.

Unfortunately, Dublin Dr Pepper sold their franchise and bottling rights to Dr Pepper Snapple as part of the settlement (DPS was suing them, I believe). But you can still find real sugar Dr Pepper online from elsewhere, it is just very expensive due to the shipping cost.

http://soda-emporium.com/Search.aspx?m=38979
    http://www.amazon.com/Pepper-Made-Pu...dp/B00CJCFLP6/

I reported during my trip to the Washington, DC area that I found longneck Dr Pepper with sugar from Pepsi. It has also been found elsewhere, as reported by drpep. You may want to check convenience stores in your area to see if they are selling these. I know the price is higher per bottle, but it is an alternative to paying the higher cost of shipping when buying online (though the online stuff I referenced is made with real cane sugar, as opposed to the bottled stuff and Heritage, which was most likely made with beet sugar).

Sugar dp has been around for about six weeks here. Singles and the usual four packs. Haven't tried it yet, I only drink cherry.
    banned

I think the 4-packs of glass bottles may be around. I'll have to go up to Publix to check, but I know they had Pepsi. I think they are about 4 bucks though. I'd drink those even less frequently at that price.

So, by the sounds of it we were lucky to have the Heritage cans around here for as long as we did.