Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rip It

Saw it at Wal-Mart and it was only 99 cents a can. Seemed cheap for a 16 ounce can. Anyone ever try it?
    <a href=\"http://blog.myspace.com/grippermania\" target=\"_blank\">My Blog</a><br /><br /><br />\"The only time it is OK to yell i got diarrhea is when you are playing Scrabble....Plus it is worth a ****load of points!\" Zach Galifianakis

I requested samples a while back, got no reply, perhaps I'll take a trip to WalMart and check it out.

Nothing but a cheap "warehouse" brand. If it was any good why would it retail for $0.99?
    banned

I have never tried it. I saw it in my local Albertsons. When I ran a route for Red Bull, I noticed that Rip It was next to my product on the shelf, and so was their back stock. Over a 6 month period, I never saw 1 can move or any of the backstock get depleted.

Yeah, same here. The stuff might as well have a disclaimer telling you to check the exp. date before purchase.

NO IDEA how they are financing this new Winter Consumer Incentive I just saw the other day....and for that matter NO IDEA what Jeremy Bloom was thinking signing to ski for them. I'm sure the appearances he'll do at Joe & Pa's Quick Fill Pit Stop will be a great boost to his future....
    Bill Brasky built the cabin he was born in.

What's it taste like anyhow?

Rip It = Faygo

Rip It is just making the category look bad.

Now Target has their own private label (Archer Farms) 99 cent energy drink. It's just pathetic!

I think Rip It is a great product and a great idea. It's got more caffeine than Rockstar or Monster, It taste good, pretty decent packaging, 4 flavors and 2 more on the way.
    Some of the best selling sku's in Convenience every QTR is the .99 Arizona Teas. Why....it cost .99!
    There is nothing new in the Energy Drink category. The 2 categories that will see any real new growth will be the "Extreme" Category(RedLine, Extreme Shock) and the "Value" Category (Rip It).
    Rip It should do very well. Why would you buy Rockstar at $2.49, when you can buy almost 3 cans of Rip It. Customers are not that brand loyal, except maybe for Red Bull

I have downed a few this week and i feel it is just as good as RB or Monster
    <a href=\"http://blog.myspace.com/grippermania\" target=\"_blank\">My Blog</a><br /><br /><br />\"The only time it is OK to yell i got diarrhea is when you are playing Scrabble....Plus it is worth a ****load of points!\" Zach Galifianakis

My guess is that ALLPRO is a distributor of the brand. There are not many energy drinks that have solid movment behind them in the discount range. Great, it has a sale price of .99 cents, but I live just over the hill from you ALLPRO, and it just doenst move over here. Looks O.K., at best. Dont know about taste, and it just has not moved out here in the last year or so.