Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Peach Soda from Walmart

What a great two weeks it's been! Today, in my weekly trip to Walmart, I found Fanta Cherry Soda and last week I found a Peach Soda in cans! It's Great Value Peach Soda and taste wise, there's nothing generic about it. I think I've had every peach soda out there and Peach Crush has always been my favorite by far but this one is the closest to Crush that I've ever tasted.

I don't know if this peach soda is new or if it's always been around but just not in my town. Either way, it's great stuff!

peach.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Susan; 07-12-2014 at 03:05 PM.

You found Fanta Cherry soda in CA???

Yes I did! Walmart, Fowler/Shaw in Clovis!

I checked the Walmart by me in Paso Robles - no luck and no Baja Blast either (nor Peach soda).

That's odd. I thought they would have the cherry in every Walmart. Is it a supercenter or a regular discount store?

For some odd reason they aren't bringing the 20 ounce out until next month, and only for 7-11.

I haven't been in a Walmart in quite a while myself, but I did notice last time I was there they had vanilla cola and diet vanilla cola. I will have to look for the peach. I haven't had a Sam's Choice soda in a long time. My last memory of it was feeling like they produced the sodas at regular strength, and then took that and mixed it 50/50 with water and then put it in bottles and cans. Very little flavor.

Peach Fanta will be coming out in 20oz soon, but only for the southeast. I would think it would be a flavor they would want to try nationally as well.

The only peach soda I see around here is Canada Dry peach, and that's only in 20oz. No Nehi this far north.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    That's odd. I thought they would have the cherry in every Walmart. Is it a supercenter or a regular discount store?

For some odd reason they aren't bringing the 20 ounce out until next month, and only for 7-11.

I haven't been in a Walmart in quite a while myself, but I did notice last time I was there they had vanilla cola and diet vanilla cola. I will have to look for the peach. I haven't had a Sam's Choice soda in a long time. My last memory of it was feeling like they produced the sodas at regular strength, and then took that and mixed it 50/50 with water and then put it in bottles and cans. Very little flavor.

Peach Fanta will be coming out in 20oz soon, but only for the southeast. I would think it would be a flavor they would want to try nationally as well.

The only peach soda I see around here is Canada Dry peach, and that's only in 20oz. No Nehi this far north.
    OMG, Canada Dry Peach sounds great!

I'll tell you one thing about the Great Value Peach. I believe they copied the recipe from Peach Crush 100%. I tasted them both cold and side by side from the can and I can't tell a bit of difference. And the color of the soda itself is identical. I've never tasted two soda that taste so much a like. It's truly great stuff. I've also been drinking the Great Value Fruit Punch soda which very much holds it's own with Tahitian Treat and Shasta Tikki Punch.

It is pretty darn good. I feel lucky to be able to get the Canada Dry flavors around here. They all used to have their own unique labels, but during the last redesign they went with mostly single color labels.

You can find the vanilla cream and now the black cherry a little further out of this area, but some of the flavors are still pretty regional - lime, wild cherry (2 liter only), pineapple... I think that may be it. I just wish they were in cans and a little easier to find. The lime seems especially rare. It's a really unique soda.

We just started getting the cranberry Canada Dry in something other than 2 liters. The 20oz are in convenience stores, and when I went to a Walmart just north and west of me, I found 12 pack cans.

I will have to actually go in to a Walmart sometime soon and look for the peach. The last time I tried a store brand soda with high expectations, I was let down. Food Lion was selling a pineapple orange soda, which is supposed to be the flavor profile of Cactus Cooler, which Coke used to sell out west before they signed the new distribution agreement with Dr Pepper Snapple. They gave up everything except Dr Pepper where they carried it, and Canada Dry ginger ale in parts of the Northeast. They replaced Squirt with Fanta Grapefruit and Canada Dry/Schweppes with Seagram's in most of the country. The independent Coke bottlers still carry some of the non-Coke brands, though.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post

I just came back from a trip to PA, NJ, and NY and I saw Fanta Peach once in 20 oz bottles at Dorney Park in Allentown, PA. I'm glad I forked over the $4 a bottle to try it because I never saw it again the rest of the trip. I saw Canada Dry Black Cherry once at a WaWa in PA and Canada Dry Cream Soda at a WaWa and a Walgreens (all in 20 oz bottles). I regret not buying these Canada Dry flavors as I never saw them again the rest of the trip. I did try Canada Dry Cherry Pomegranate Seltzer Water in a 1/2 liter bottle in Philadelphia and several Schweppes Seltzer Water flavors in 20 oz in PA (Black Cherry, Orange, and Lemon Lime). In NYC I also tried White Rock Lemon Lime and Black Cherry Seltzer Water flavors (comes in the old school 7UP 20 bottles, not sure who bottles it). I was surprised how many Canada Dry and Schweppes varieties are available in 0.5 liter/20 oz bottles (mostly Seltzer Water) back East. Here in CA it's only Canada Dry Ginger Ale in 20 oz bottles.

Seltzer is huge in NY/NJ and it spills over into the surrounding areas as well.

Didn't know Abarta Coke was doing Fanta Peach. Will have to check that out.

I think all the Wawas carry the Canada Dry black cherry, vanilla cream and the cranberry ginger ale in 20oz.

I tried the Walmart peach, and while I think it has a decent peach flavor, I still find it to be a little on the weak side. Can't beat the price, though!