Bevboard

Default Sierra Mist Cranberry + New Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    I wish PepsiCo would just sell this in Canada already. I've had it with inferior lemon-limes like 7Up and *shudders* Sprite.

Already? Awesome! Love me some cranberry.
    banned

Ya know I was thinking the other week that sierra mist has had the same label for quite some time considering how many times it would change in the past. (Since 2010 according to logopedia).
    With that said....eh its ok.

I dont think I've ever seen a soda (or any product for that matter) gone through that many logo changes in 14 years. I'm not crazy about the new logo, nor I'm am I crazy about any Sierra Mist logo I've seen. I noticed the new packaging at Rite Aid a few days ago and that it no longer says real sugar on the logo. I checked the ingredients and there's still sugar but also stevia extract which reduces the calorie count down to 120. Interesting route Pepsi took to reduce to differentiate Sierra Mist, hopefully the stevia doesn't affect the taste too much.

Stevia in small amounts isn't bad, but when you get too much of it, it gives you that anise (licorice) aftertaste that I find very unpleasant. Supposedly they have developed a new version that either doesn't have the aftertaste or has less of it.

Sierra Mist sure has gone through a lot of logo changes. I like the current one, but this new one I don't care for too much. Especially the M on Mist, it just looks odd.

The wikipedia article lists diet Ruby Splash and Kiwi Splash. I have never heard of or seen those two. I do remember the Lemon Squeeze, it was pretty good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_Mist

Funny that the article mentions Storm. I live in one of the former test markets, and I thought it was awesome. But I guess the idea of a caffeinated lemon-lime soda just never took off. I remember seeing it by the pallet at a closeout store.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Stevia in small amounts isn't bad, but when you get too much of it, it gives you that anise (licorice) aftertaste that I find very unpleasant. Supposedly they have developed a new version that either doesn't have the aftertaste or has less of it.

Sierra Mist sure has gone through a lot of logo changes. I like the current one, but this new one I don't care for too much. Especially the M on Mist, it just looks odd.

The wikipedia article lists diet Ruby Splash and Kiwi Splash. I have never heard of or seen those two. I do remember the Lemon Squeeze, it was pretty good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_Mist

Funny that the article mentions Storm. I live in one of the former test markets, and I thought it was awesome. But I guess the idea of a caffeinated lemon-lime soda just never took off. I remember seeing it by the pallet at a closeout store.
    Kiwi was 2012 summer, and was too weak a flavor. Ruby flavor was OK. They also did an orange one for get Smart.
    banned