Bevboard

Default Bing Energy Drink

A while back BevNet did a review of Bing Energy Drink (you can read their review here). That was my first exposure to the brand.

Then last month at the NRA show, I got to chat with the CEO of Bing (Lamont Seckman) and learn a little more about his offering, which I summarized in my review.

Basically, Bing is cherry-flavored, uses a hybrid of cane sugar & Ace-K/sucralose, and is targeted more at the non-energy drink buyer, especially women. I have to say the taste was refreshingly different from most energy drinks (Cherry = good!), but wasn't too much of a fan of the artificial sweetener aftertaste.

The brand seems somewhat hard to find (it's based out of Colorado), so unless you luck out hitting a place that has distribution, you may not track it down.

- Steve

I agree on the after taste. I have tasted it numrous times and I like the initial flavor profile but lose interest towards the end of the flavor finish.

Why did they use Ace-K/sucralose? There are so many other low calorie sweetners out there.

we had that one a few years and a few logos ago. but it was fantastic tasting. theres just no where for it to go really. its a 12oz can, done by norcal bev. just dont see it moving in the long run
    woot woot

I found this product on the Shelf of Publix, a large Grocery Chain in the South.
    It was actually in Weston, FL. about 15 miles North of Miami.
    Only 2 4 packs on the shelf.
    g
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

I tried the original Bing Energy & it tasted good.

I saw Bing Raz at Homeland Stores today. I haven't tried that one. Haven't tried Bing Black either.

I just tried Bing Black & it was good.

So are they targeting Gun Owners/Users for this drink, or did NRA in this show stand for something else?

It this case, NRA is the National Restaurant Association.