Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pepsi dumping 24oz 6pack bottles?

A sign posted in a store's soda section said Pepsi is discontinuing the 24oz 6 packs bottles.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Yep. It's true. From what I have been told they plan to be out of them by the end of the month. Coke discontinued theirs late last year.

It was stupid anyways.
    banned

Hah, I remember when those 'replaced' the returnable 16oz in Iowa in the late 1990s...

Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewman1979 View Post
    It was stupid anyways.
    They were pretty popular but that gave way to 16.9oz which are more expensive per ounce than 24oz bottles. Also, the rip off c-stores which charge $1 per 24 oz bottle will now struggle to find an adequate replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmadone View Post
    They were pretty popular but that gave way to 16.9oz which are more expensive per ounce than 24oz bottles. Also, the rip off c-stores which charge $1 per 24 oz bottle will now struggle to find an adequate replacement.
    Yeah, that is what I was thinking about the c-stores. People don't mind getting the 24oz for the same price as a 20oz, but they are going to complain when they have to start getting 16.9oz.

Pepsi is down to Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Mountain Dew in my area. They are replacing all the other flavors with 16.9oz, though not as much as corporate Pepsi carries (the distributor in the area I work in is independent).

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Pepsi is down to Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Mountain Dew in my area. They are replacing all the other flavors with 16.9oz, though not as much as corporate Pepsi carries (the distributor in the area I work in is independent).
    They've got 16.9oz only and have it in about every flavor out here from Pepsi to dew(code red!) and Dr.Pep.

btw...I can't reply to you because it says your inbox is full. I'm thinking of starting up a reddit page for this board..the inbox limit is ridiculous.

I made some room. I'm just lazy about deleting messages.

Odd. Here in Canada we still have the 6-packs. Nothing about discontinuing here.