Bevboard

Default New from Monster / Coca-Cola

Monster and Coca-Cola recently signed a huge agreement. Coke will transfer its' energy brands to Monster - NOS, Full Throttle, Burn, Relentless, etc, and Monster will transfer its' non-energy brands to Coke - Hansen's, Hubert's, Peace Tea, etc.

Coke will also take on more distribution of Monster, including additional territory in the US and around the world. They will also be taking a 16.7% ownership stake in Monster.

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/pres...ic-partnership

New flavors coming out soon in the US:

http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Man...avor-CEO-Sacks

Ultra Sunrise - a zero calorie "Orangina" type flavor. Comparisons being made to Mountain Dew Kickstart in targeting morning drinkers. November release.
    Unleaded - a regular Monster energy without the caffeine. October release.
    Ultra Black - exclusive to 7-11, it is a black cherry flavor. Supposed to be coming out this week.
    Muscle Peanut Butter Cup - now available nationwide in singles. Was originally sold only at Walmart in 4 packs.
    Juice Monster / Khaos - full can is now orange. Article mentions reformulation, less juice to make the product more drinkable.
    M-80/Ripper - supposedly a name change and also less juice. I haven't seen M-80 in a long, long time. I guess it is coming back?

Not mentioned was Cuba Lima - I hear that may also be coming back via distribution by Coke. This new deal probably cemented that - Cuba Lima came from food distributors around here when we had it in Wawa. It disappeared a while ago.

The Dub drinks were also rebranded earlier this year - they are now Punch. Mad Dog (grape) and Baller's Blend (fruit punch).

Ultra Sunrise and Unleaded seem interesting.

Default Already Released.

All three of these flavors have been released. They arrived at my local Walmart at least a week ago. I know for a fact, I was excited and tried all of them

Some areas are still serviced by independent and AB distributors who have different release timetables. I expect to start seeing Ultra Sunrise and Unleaded next week.

Ubermonster is also being transitioned from a 16.9 ounce glass bottle to a 18.6 can, similar to that of Monster Import.

Anyone seen M-80/Ripper? I haven't heard if we were going to be carrying it again or not.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Anyone seen M-80/Ripper? I haven't heard if we were going to be carrying it again or not.
    Nowhere yet.

We are carrying Ripper, but it seems like only in Wawa.

New this week are Rehab Peach Tea (replacing Green Tea) and Ultra Citron (lemonade flavor).

Ultra Sunrise also in 4 packs.

Most of the distribution on Monster has been converted over to Coke distributors. Only a few independents will still carry it, like Kalil in Arizona/West Texas and Big Geyser in NYC metro. I think they are holding off on any new flavors until we are fully up and running with the expanded distribution.

Ripper is also in more accounts, like Walmart.