Bevboard

Default Original New York Seltzer

Very interesting, thanks for posting, I hadn't heard about this.

I seem to recall, wasn't there a revival of NYS back around 2007/08 or so, I recall getting the product at Big Lots but it wasn't the same product (although I think it did have the same font but I could be wrong) - it was like a diet version but with artificial colors, I think it came in plastic or something but I'm having trouble recalling. Does anyone remember that?

Awesome! I remember my grandma and my parents buying this in the early 90s and me loving it, especially the raspberry flavor. I'm glad it's coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by lj01 View Post
    Very interesting, thanks for posting, I hadn't heard about this.

I seem to recall, wasn't there a revival of NYS back around 2007/08 or so, I recall getting the product at Big Lots but it wasn't the same product (although I think it did have the same font but I could be wrong) - it was like a diet version but with artificial colors, I think it came in plastic or something but I'm having trouble recalling. Does anyone remember that?
    Yeah I remember the big lots stuff, was so disappointed with it. Pretty sure it had some artificial sweetener. Plus flavor selection was slim. Was pretty nasty.

I've been searching for this ever since the grey cans appeared online with no explanation.
    I've seen evidence in my search for it that suggests there were 2 previous attempts to relaunch in different bottles with different formulas (01 and 07 if I recall). Supposedly this one is the original formula minus the corn syrup.

Don't know how different it will taste with real sugar but most likely will be an improvement. Looking through all the comments I haven't really seen a complaint yet, aside from it not being available fast enough in whichever area.

I can vouch for the taste - it is GOOD. Seems to match up with the 1987 flavor, but then I'm not sure how well my taste bud memory holds for 28 years, but the smell/taste seems to be exactly how I remember it.

Good service also from the company - I first heard about this on Tuesday and had the bottles at my door on Thursday (after ordering Tues PM). I'm excited about the other flavors (I just ordered my favorite, vanilla cream).