Bevboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Never not had cherry coke.
    banned

This isn't the place for me to lament the lack of Cherry Coke in this "civilized" country. XD

Anyway, was there ANY difference in flavour in Crystal Pepsi? Never drank it.

It's hard to remember - it's been so long. Hell, back then, they still had 16NR bottles in glass, I'm pretty sure that was the way I first tried it. I was living in Colorado, which was the test market for Crystal Pepsi. I mostly remember that it was Pepsi-esque, not as much bite. I'd say somewhere between Caffeine Free Pepsi and Pepsi Next in flavor.

The very last one of the original formula I drank came in 1994 when I was actually working for Pepsi - one of the Pepsi machines we filled, I found a can that had fallen into the works and I fished it out. It was "OK" - certainly nothing that would provoke projectile vomiting - but not great either.
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

Android: If it was that "OK", I wonder why so many people want it back, honestly. I don't feel the excitement and hype those people do. In all honesty, I don't really care whether it comes back or not. If it does, great for its fans. If not, oh well. There's others.

I think the "OK" factor was why sales plummeted after a short time. I think once the gimmick factor wore off people were ho-hum about it. Coke's "Clear Tab" probably helped it on its way, I don't think it was quite the gleeful "we killed it" that Zyman claimed, I think it was destined to fall out regardless.

I liked it, I didn't love it. If I wanted a non-caffeine soda I was choosing it instead of 7-up, for instance.

-Andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

I'll believe it when it happens. With Coke bringing Surge back though, it's possible. Now Pepsi just needs to listen to the Josta fan community and bring that back too.

I wish Pepsi and Coke Canada would listen to their fans, like the American parents do...

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisWildCherry View Post
    I wish Pepsi and Coke Canada would listen to their fans, like the American parents do...
    But they don't... Live Wire is scarce and Supernova is gone yet Mountain Dew refuses to fix the problem. What's worse, is that diet Mt. Dew has only one variety despite the demand for more.
    banned

Crystal Pepsi looked really cool with the clear label and the graphics were strong. If you really wanna know what Crystal Pepsi tasted like, it was like mixing 7-up and Pepsi, it tasted nothing like real Pepsi or cola in general. It was weird. I remember Safeways having a huge bin filled with Crystal Pepsi 2L. bottles @$0.25 each to clear out six months after introduction. Crystal diet Pepsi did however taste like diet Pepsi. After six months of terrible sales Pepsi re-launched Crystal Pepsi with/lemon citron which only lasted a couple months too.