Bevboard

Default It has arrived!!!

For the past year, I've been lamenting and mourning a devastating loss in my life. In December of 2014, the evil doers pulled Fanta Cherry Soda from the shelves in my area. It felt like losing an arm or a leg. A void that has never been filled. I hate Coca Cola for doing such a cruel thing to me. My livelihood was ripped from me.

Since there are literally NO pure Cherry Sodas anywhere to be found around here, all I usually drink anymore is Pibb Xtra or a new favorite concoction of mine, AJ Stephens Cream Soda with Fireball Whiskey mixed in it.

But two drinks I've always wanted to try were Baumeister Cherry Soda and Red Ribbon Supreme Cherry Soda. Some time back, I think I wrote about it here that I went ahead and ordered some Baumeister Cherry in glass bottles and had them delivered. I was none too pleased. Instead of tasting like a cherry soda, it tasted more like Big Red Soda. I really was let down.

With the high cost of shipping for glass bottles, I waited quite some time but over the weekend, I ordered 6 Red Ribbon Cherry Sodas and 4 Stewarts Cherries and Cream from the Soda Pop Stop. We used to carry the Stewarts Cherries and Cream around here for years but of course since I loved it, it disappeared. Big surprise! But the biggie is the Red Ribbon, which I've heard great things about.

Moments before I began this post to my soda brothers here on this site, I was shocked to hear a UPS truck pull up since I just put in for the order on Sunday. But alas, when I opened the door the guy was standing there with a large box and I knew what it had to be. Yes, my long awaited moment is just about here. I put a bottle of the Red Ribbon Cherry in the freezer where it will spend 45 minutes then it's down my gizzard! As Fat Bastard from Austin Powers would say, "Get in my belly"!

Wish me luck, I can't wait!!! I was SO let down after my Baumeister experience. I'm expecting better things from this one. I'll let you all know how it was.

I just tried it. Very good but I probably wouldn't consider it great. Hard to tell though because it's freezing cold here and I drank it by itself instead of with a meal. It will likely be much better on a hot summer day right out of the bottle. I'd give it a B+ for now. It has a very good cherry taste to it unlike Cherry Crush, Filberts Cherry or Baumeister. Absolutely better than those three by a landslide but doesn't deserve to even be in the same refrigerator as Fanta Cherry or the stupidly "retired" Jones Cherry. I would also rate Jolly Rancher Cherry better. The only knock I have on the Red Ribbon is it seems a little light on carbonation while the Fanta, Jones and Jolly Rancher are all highly carbonated. All in all though, worth the money to give it a try and unlike the Baumeister, I won't be throwing any of these away!

I misspoke in my original post when I say there is no pure cherry soda around the Fresno area. K Mart carries the Jolly Rancher Cherry Soda and it's delicious. I just hardly ever go into K Mart unless it's to get that. But I really should get them more often because it's definitely one of the greatest cherry sodas of all time.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    For the past year, I've been lamenting and mourning a devastating loss in my life. In December of 2014, the evil doers pulled Fanta Cherry Soda from the shelves in my area. It felt like losing an arm or a leg. A void that has never been filled. I hate Coca Cola for doing such a cruel thing to me. My livelihood was ripped from me.

Since there are literally NO pure Cherry Sodas anywhere to be found around here, all I usually drink anymore is Pibb Xtra or a new favorite concoction of mine, AJ Stephens Cream Soda with Fireball Whiskey mixed in it.

But two drinks I've always wanted to try were Baumeister Cherry Soda and Red Ribbon Supreme Cherry Soda. Some time back, I think I wrote about it here that I went ahead and ordered some Baumeister Cherry in glass bottles and had them delivered. I was none too pleased. Instead of tasting like a cherry soda, it tasted more like Big Red Soda. I really was let down.

With the high cost of shipping for glass bottles, I waited quite some time but over the weekend, I ordered 6 Red Ribbon Cherry Sodas and 4 Stewarts Cherries and Cream from the Soda Pop Stop. We used to carry the Stewarts Cherries and Cream around here for years but of course since I loved it, it disappeared. Big surprise! But the biggie is the Red Ribbon, which I've heard great things about.

Moments before I began this post to my soda brothers here on this site, I was shocked to hear a UPS truck pull up since I just put in for the order on Sunday. But alas, when I opened the door the guy was standing there with a large box and I knew what it had to be. Yes, my long awaited moment is just about here. I put a bottle of the Red Ribbon Cherry in the freezer where it will spend 45 minutes then it's down my gizzard! As Fat Bastard from Austin Powers would say, "Get in my belly"!

Wish me luck, I can't wait!!! I was SO let down after my Baumeister experience. I'm expecting better things from this one. I'll let you all know how it was.
    Haha..great read.

Do you really consider the Jolly Rancher cherry soda the best? Hmm..it is good but seems too artificial..

Quote Originally Posted by lordmadone View Post
    Haha..great read.

Do you really consider the Jolly Rancher cherry soda the best? Hmm..it is good but seems too artificial..
    No, 3rd best.

1) Fanta Cherry
    2) Jones Cherry
    3) Jolly Rancher Cherry

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    No, 3rd best.

1) Fanta Cherry
    2) Jones Cherry
    3) Jolly Rancher Cherry
    You're missing out if you haven't tried Hank's Black Cherry Soda! It's like eating fresh cherries, IMHO (but unlike fresh cherries, it doesn't go bad in a week :-)).

Quote Originally Posted by doug1885 View Post
    You're missing out if you haven't tried Hank's Black Cherry Soda! It's like eating fresh cherries, IMHO (but unlike fresh cherries, it doesn't go bad in a week :-)).
    I've had Hank's Black Cherry, it's pretty good. My favorite black cherry soda is Stewarts, though like most Stewart's flavors, it's about as rare as hen's teeth out here. I like Shasta Black Cherry too and that's plentiful. However, black cherry soda is different from just plain cherry soda which is what I was ranking.