The Patrón Spirits Company is seeking qualified candidates who have a minimum of 2 years of experience within the hospitality industry or wholesale beverage alcohol industry. In addition, candidates must have high energy, a willingness to work as part of a team and a strong desire for continuous improvement.
Position Reports to: State Manager
Subordinate Staff: N/A
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Responsible for coordinating with area distributor sales teams to execute at the field level for both on- and off-premise accounts. Establish programs derived from both national and local strategic initiatives for distributor sales teams to execute. Evaluate, implement and execute programs within brand strategies.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Ride with distributor sales representatives three times a week, providing the opportunity to represent the Patrón portfolio, observe market activity and evaluate distributor execution against Company initiatives.
· Meet with key on- and off-premise accounts within the assigned area to develop strong working relationships. Present Patrón brands, work toward achieving increased volumes and assist distributor in attaining objectives.
· Be visible at the distributor office, and meet with sales representatives and management to ensure pursuit of consistent objectives and strategies.
· Align with key local events and participate where the opportunity fits our strategy, including the execution of national initiatives in the local market.
· Serve as the primary contact for distributor sales teams to ensure they are informed of local and national objectives and programs, while providing support for all sales-related activities.
· Actively participate in promotions and events, which often occur in the evenings or on weekends.
· Attend brand promotions and tastings once a week. Report quarterly progress on new account listings and menu programming.
· Stay informed of customer and consumer trends; develop programs to capitalize on such trends.
· Maintain calendar of activities and promotions and ensure effective communications with and/or between distributors and third-party agencies.
· Provide bi-weekly market activity report to supervisor to include list of objectives, accomplishments, competitive activities, special projects and/or any needs.
· Provide market and competitive brand updates to supervisor to include timely and accurate communication of changing field conditions that may affect volumes as well as staffing changes at distributors and competitors.
· Review programs and execution updates with distributor management.
· Provide feedback on marketing effectiveness and sales initiatives for programs, POS, advertising, etc.
· Complete special projects, such as verifying pricing and/or distribution at on- or off-premise accounts.
· Participate in out-of-market sales blitzes.
· Ensure that key markets have been visited during each two-month period.
· Meet with distributor sales teams on a monthly basis, including general sales meetings and meetings with individual teams.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Work with minimal supervision, exercising a high degree of discretion and independent judgment. Primary duties are managing the designated area sales of The Patrón Spirits Company.
Position requires a degree in Business Administration/Marketing or other relevant line of study and 2 to 5 plus years of experience within the hospitality industry or wholesale beverage alcohol industry. Position also requires knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer service within the industry.
· Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner with strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively with executives, employees, vendors and customers (both internal and external) at all levels of the organization, in person, via telephone and email or other written correspondence.
· Computer proficiency required in MS Office Products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; ability to use advanced computer functions, including navigating the Internet.
· Ability to read and write in English with knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Ability to analyze available information for the purposes of preparing reports, coordinating efforts and solving problems.
· Possession of exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls (5-6+ hours per day); reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and balance.
Weight to be lifted or force to be exerted:
· Up to 25 lbs. for up to 2/3 hours
· Up to 50 lbs. for up to 1/3 hours
· Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20+ feet)
· Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up/down or to the left/right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
· Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
· Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Indoor climate controlled environment.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles; may occasionally work near moving mechanical parts and forklifts in a warehouse environment.
Noise typical for the work environment:
Noise level: Moderate to loud noise (examples: telephones, fax machines, copy machines, warehouse equipment, conversations and music).