Retail Marketing Manager
Tetra Pak is the world’s leading food processing and packaging solutions company. Working closely with our customers and suppliers, we provide safe, innovative and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people around the world. With over 20,000 employees and operations in more than 150 countries, we believe in responsible industry leadership and a sustainable approach to business. Our motto, “PROTECTS WHAT’S GOOD “, reflects our vision to make food safe and available, everywhere.
Tetra Pak is seeking a Retail Marketing Manager in our new North American headquarters in Denton, TX. The Retail Marketing Manager will lead the company’s efforts for retailer strategy and segmentation, and accelerate the introduction of new private label products in Tetra Pak’s key categories across the US and Canada.
This role will require in depth understanding of retail environment including shopper behavior, category management and innovation as well as the crucial marketing skills brand managers employ in a consumer goods environment. This high profile role requires interaction at the leading US and Canadian retailers, and will have an opportunity to influence their new product introduction and category management strategies. This role provides global exposure unique to a very few companies in North America.
· Drive retail strategic growth plans that are aligned with category growth strategies, and lead implementation across US and Canada
· Create retail strategy based on comprehensive retail industry analysis (including segmentation and category prioritization)
· Build compelling retailer and category stories leveraging primary and secondary data. Synthesize insights along with value chain advantages to develop compelling value propositions
· Collaborate with other marketing functions such as category management, business intelligence and consumer insights, communication, environment, and external agencies
· Provide ongoing business analysis, insights and market trend assessment relative to market and Tetra Pak performance
· Identify new retailer business development opportunities and help build the compelling selling proposition including product concepts and rationale
· Participate in retailer meetings as a thought leader and marketing expert
· Build teamwork and develop strong communication among all functional and geographically based team members
· Collaborate with contract manufacturers to grow private label opportunities across categories
· Maintain solid understanding of retail environment and trends, and leverage expertise to influence customer and category strategies
· 25% travel required; both domestic and international
· Experience representing food and beverage at the retail level within a sales or marketing capacity
· Prior experience in retailer interaction and account management in marketing and sales capacity
· MBA strongly preferred
· Extensive experience with syndicated data tools IRI or Nielsen required
· Expertise with understanding shopper insights and behaviors in the retail environment