Green Mustache is seeking a talented and motivated person to drive our growth in the New York Metro area. Responsibilities include expanding retail distribution and growing same-store sales through distributors and retailers, developing and maintaining in-store merchandising initiatives, and executing local marketing events and in-store and direct-to-consumer sampling programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Visit key retail locations regularly to:
- Support sales by maintaining shelf presence, placing POS and merchandising the beverage set
- Remove any expired or damaged products from shelf and replacing products
- Insure that proper shelf tags and pricing are reflected at shelf
- Verify proper SRP and Promotional Pricing
- Report on competitor information
· Develop and maintain productive and friendly relationships with retail store personnel, including but not limited to the store level buyers who order the products for the shelves.
· Assist stores in managing inventories to avoid or minimize out-of-stock conditions.
· Develop and maintain an organized list of target/key accounts in the territory
· Open new accounts and improve product placement
· Call on and visit retail accounts to gain new points of distribution
· Conduct in-store demos and samplings (includes set up, sampling and breakdown). NOTE: this involves weekend and evening hours when store traffic is higher. Training to achieve excellent sales results at these events will be provided.
- Recap demos and events with photos and gather feedback to be communicated back to management
- Educate consumers and store employees on the benefits of Green Mustache
- Identify key sampling locations to drive sales and leverage retail promotions
· Provide regular and detailed reports to management from the information compiled at store level and make recommendations to improve sales, merchandising, competitive positioning or other suggestions to enhance brand sales and growth in the market.
· Participate in, and eventually manage direct-to-consumer public sampling events such as at kids/health/food festivals, charity events, conferences, etc. NOTE: These are primarily weekend events, though not always.
· Conduct detailed account audits as assigned, take pictures; include photos with reporting documents.
· Represent the company and the brand in a professional and positive manner at all times to all trade partners: retailers, wholesalers, brokers and marketing agencies.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Two years experience in Beverage, Natural Grocery, or related retail or wholesale business environment preferred.
- Some travel required. Positions are mainly in the NY-Metro area, but occasional travel outside the Metro area will be required to visit stores in adjacent marketing areas.
- You must be a self-starter, responsible, people-oriented, well-organized, have a strong work ethic and loads of enthusiasm.
- You must be able to work autonomously, have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and have meticulous attention to detail/logistics.
- Must be physically able to lift, move and display cases of beverages as needed.
- Must have a clean driving record, have insurance/license (required), and be able to easily navigate your market area on a daily basis.
Expected start date is ASAP. If you seek a role in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company with a passion for working with ambitious goals, you are encouraged to apply. Please submit (i) resume, (ii) photo and (iii) paragraph or two describing yourself and why you are interested in this position to VanTrang Manges at email@example.com with “Field Sales / Marketing Manager – YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Resumes without a cover letter/paragraph or photo will not be considered. Competitive base salary commensurate with experience—eligible for health benefits, annual bonus, and performance-based incentives.