Job Title: Maintenance Technician Job Code:
Department: Maintenance Job Grade:
Revision Date: 06/4/13 Supervisor: Plant Engineer
The role of maintenance in this business is to ensure reliability of equipment and improve the overall equipment effectiveness of all machines. Technicians will work safely and cohesively to provide mechanical and electrical skills to support the building, manufacturing equipment, and support equipment as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Working safely and in compliance with all OSHA and Blue Beverage Group requirements
• Demonstrate leadership to the Blue Beverage organization through all activities.
• Establish and maintain functioning maintenance systems to meet the business needs of Blue Beverage.
• Participate in teams and meetings to improve overall equipment effectiveness and other objectives as agreed to with their manager.
• Utilize the CMMS to log work (reactive and planned)
• Maintenance employees will work as a team to complete preventive maintenance tasks and provide solutions for improvements to equipment, all with the goal of improving working conditions for all personnel.
Maintaining and troubleshooting the following equipment:
· Mechanical Filling Systems
· Packaging Equipment and Conveying Systems
· PLCs, Drives, Sensors
· Date Coding and
· Labeling Equipment
· Pumps, Motors,
· Gearboxes, Valves
· Power Transmission
· (gears, chains, etc)
· Hydraulic Systems
· Rotary Fillers
· Waterfall Fillers
· Nitrogen Dosing
· Can Seaming
· Rotary Retorts
· Roll Fed Hot Melt
· Case packing Equipment
· Video Jet
· Support the preventive maintenance system for all company assets using a CMMS.
· Utilize predictive maintenance technologies to improve maintenance planning and effectiveness.
· Keep accurate records to drive continuous improvement in all aspects of maintenance including materials management, PMs, backlog, etc.
· Contribute to Root Cause Analysis program
· Ensure compliance with all company required training (Safety, Quality, ISO, etc)
Training, Education & Experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Technical school, course work or degree, considered a plus
· Additional training in related fields / equipment considered a plus
· Welding experience considered a plus
· Technicians must provide their own hand tools; large and specialty tools will be provided by the company
· Strong mechanical or electrical aptitude, with a desire to increase their knowledge.
· Training for the position will consist of the same training that new hires receive i.e. HACCP, Retort, Safety,
· Food Safety. (This training will take up to (3) months to sufficiently cover all the items listed above).
· Demonstrate knowledge of retort process by earning a Better Food Processing School Certificate
· Flexibility in working hours to support the needs of the maintenance and operations of Blue Beverage
· Wet Floors
· Occasional Heat index in excess of 100 F
· Standing/Walking approximately 70 - 90% of work hours
· Can work on and from a ladder, lift, or scaffolding.
· Manually lift 50# intermittently. Heavier parts are lifted using other methods.
· Overtime as required.