Accounting & Operations Manager – Dana Point, CA
We are looking for a full-time Accounting & Operations Manager for two small food and beverage companies located in Dana Point, CA. This position requires the candidate to be a highly-motivated self-starter, capable of working efficiently in both an independent capacity and team environment. Candidate must be flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, operating with a high level of professionalism and discretion. Please apply only if you have extensive QuickBooks experience. ONLY CANDIDATES WITH 2+ YEARS OF ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage A/P : vendor invoice processing, from posting to payment; prepare and maintain commission Excel spreadsheets
- Manage A/R: customer invoicing; some collections; receiving payments; making deposits
- Other accounting duties: record memorized transactions for ADP payroll biweekly; monthly reconciliation of bank statements; prepare financial reports as needed
- Work with Operations Assistant to ensure that all purchase orders are acknowledged and processed in timely manner
- Coordinate and manage the planning and scheduling of distribution center activities including: shipping, receiving, storing, returns, and reworking of our products in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Assist with inventory accuracy through cycle counts and monthly physical counts.
- Some logistics and buyer duties required in order to assist production consultant during offsite production runs
- General office administration to answer phones, filing, and provide excellent customer service
Skills & Experience:
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Premier and Microsoft Office suite REQUIRED
- Must be willing to work closely with outside accountant and have experience with general journal entries and basic understanding of 1099 requirements
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and organization
- Prior experience within a food/beverage or consumer packaged goods manufacturing environment highly desired
- Experience in shipping, receiving, logistics, and distribution a plus
Office hours are 8-5, but hours are negotiable.
This is a contract position and does not provide benefits at this time. Hourly wage commensurate with experience.