The Patrón Spirits Company is seeking qualified candidates who have a minimum of 2 years of experience within the hospitality industry or wholesale beverage alcohol industry. In addition, candidates must have high energy, a willingness to work as part of a team and a strong desire for continuous improvement.
Position reports to: VP, REGIONAL MANAGER
Subordinate staff: Yes
Supervisory responsibilities: Yes
Primarily manage the business by leading, directing and supervising the development of established programming, pricing, incentives and execution of all distributor and market plans in all trade channels, attaining shipment and depletion goals for assigned markets. Manage the marketplace business by establishing and maintaining key relationships at all assigned distributors and key accounts in the marketplace. Establish criteria and plans to achieve distributor management goals. Develop business opportunities identified by established measurement of performance on depletions and customer sales performance, through direct call and tracking of sales in key accounts on and off sale. Assist the regional manager in development and execution of market plans.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Review sales, shipment and depletion performance with an emphasis on review of key account performance (reporting depletions and shipments on required forms).
· Discuss ongoing programs and performance opportunities with regional vice president and distributors.
· Maintain key account relationships with trade channel leaders through dialogue, direct calls, street calls / ride along’s.
· Monitor market trends and competitive information; communicate with distributor supervisors on market conditions.
· Review available local market reporting to monitor market trends and sales performance through retail contact.
· Communicate regularly via email, telephone, etc., processing communications regarding current and future requirements.
· Maintain knowledge of program plans and execution; review and discuss performance on in-house tracking at distributor.
· Monitor and develop activity based on opportunities that are proactive and reactive to market conditions; review by size and channel reports, key account chain performance, industry data, etc.
· Execute plans and required follow-up as needed on special events, assigned projects, and future planning needs, i.e., POS, program follow-up, national accounts, local activity reporting, price surveys, and follow-up correspondence.
· Plan and execute special events and programs requiring detailed execution.
· Perform administrative duties including travel, reservations, drive times, call backs, material pickups, etc.
· Review and process administrative items, such as bills, chargebacks, samples, budgets and forecasts, etc.; track all spending.
· Recap budgeting on available balances with distributor.
· Gather monthly price and performance surveys and reporting required from multiple distributors.
· Follow up on orders, and any new sizes, types, and packaging of items sold to retail.
· Perform rudimentary inventories and required physical work at events, etc.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Level: Work under minimal supervision, exercising a high degree of discretion and independent judgment. Primary duties are managing the state sales of The Patrón Spirits Company.
Knowledge: Position requires a degree in Business Administration/Marketing or other relevant line of study and 2-4 years’ experience within the hospitality or wholesale beverage alcohol distributor industry. Position also requires knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service within the industry.
· Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner with strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively with executives, employees, vendors and customers (both internal and external) at all levels of the organization, in person, via telephone, email or other written correspondence.
· Computer proficiency required in MS Office Products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; ability to use advanced computer functions, including navigating the internet.
· Ability to read and write in English with knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Ability to analyze available information for the purposes of preparing reports, coordinating efforts and solving problems.
· Possession of exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls (5-6+ hours per day); reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and balance.
Weight to be lifted or force to be exerted:
Up to 10 lbs. for up to 2/3 hours
Up to 25 lbs. for up to 1/3 hours
· Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) , distance vision (clear vision at 20+ feet)
· Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up-down or to the left/right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
· Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
· Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Indoor climate controlled environment: The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and / or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles; may occasionally work near moving mechanical parts and fork-lifts in a warehouse environment.
Noise typical for the work environment: Moderate to loud noise (examples: telephones, fax machines, copy machines, warehouse equipment, conversations and music).