New Beverage Showdown Panel Announced
May 24, 2011 by BevNET.com Staff
The five judges who will select the most promising new beverage presentation — and award prizes worth over $10,000 — will anchor BevNET Live’s first-ever New Beverage Showdown.
In addition to helping provide valuable insight to the presenters, the New Beverage Showdown will give audience members the chance to see what works during a pitch, and provide inspiration and drama. The six companies to present have been chosen, and they will be present on June 7 during BevNET Live at the Sheraton Tower Hotel in Times Square. The winner will be revealed at the end of the day.
The judges bring expertise from across the disciplines needed to get a new product funded and out into the market, including investment, brand development, distribution and retailing.
- Mike Ohmstede, Senior VP of Portfolio Strategy and Investments for Coca-Cola’s Venturing & Emerging Brands Unit
- Eric Schnell, Co-Founder, I AM enlightened nutrition
- Scott Beim, President, Peerless Beverage Company
- Cheryl Swanson, Managing Partner, Toniq
- Michael Zielinski, CEO, Royal Buying Group
The New Beverage Showdown is being sponsored by Coca-Cola’s VEB unit.